Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Oblivion better than Fallout 3, better RPG than FPS

Sarvis

Erudite
Balor said:
Sarvis said:
Claw said:
NiM82 said:
I agree, but that line surely starts with generic shades that make any and every character suddenly more charismatic.
Maybe, but at least it has some justification, even if it's far-fetched. How does a wig add to intelligence? A fedora that proves your sneaking skill? Huh? I do believe more than one line was crossed here.

The Fedora is brown. Nearly everything in the wastelands is some shade of brown. Ever hear of camouflage?

Simply brown-colored does not camouflaged fedora make, old Sarvis.
Even having a proper 'stealth suit' would be stupid, unfortunately... because it would automatically allow you to pickpocket people beter! Thanks to skills being lumped together - favourite Bethesda business.

No, not because it's brown but because it is similar to the colors of the landscape around you. Just like a green leaf pattern is only really camouflage if you're in a forest.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Sarvis said:
Balor said:
Sarvis said:
Claw said:
NiM82 said:
I agree, but that line surely starts with generic shades that make any and every character suddenly more charismatic.
Maybe, but at least it has some justification, even if it's far-fetched. How does a wig add to intelligence? A fedora that proves your sneaking skill? Huh? I do believe more than one line was crossed here.

The Fedora is brown. Nearly everything in the wastelands is some shade of brown. Ever hear of camouflage?

Even having a proper 'stealth suit' would be stupid, unfortunately... because it would automatically allow you to pickpocket people beter! Thanks to skills being lumped together - favourite Bethesda business.

No, not because it's brown but because it is similar to the colors of the landscape around you. Just like a green leaf pattern is only really camouflage if you're in a forest.
What about the environments that aren't shit-brown?

Sarvis

Erudite
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Sarvis said:
Balor said:
Sarvis said:
Claw said:
NiM82 said:

What about the environments that aren't shit-brown?

What, all three of them? :P

Most of the areas that aren't brownish are indoors, with poor or no lighting. The hat is dark brown so it still works.

Or if you want to get _technical_ it's a fucking game, and they didn't code anything for situational stat bonuses so it's all or nothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom