Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion GOLD????

Micmu

Magister
Oblivion ist Braun.

I never really understood how the fuck can games be openly declared "gold" or anything before they're even released. It's just another method to ensure even better sales at the expense of other companies who cannot create such massive hype.

bryce777

Erudite
micmu said:
Oblivion ist Braun.

I never really understood how the fuck can games go "gold" or anything before they're even released. It's just another method to ensure better sales at the expense of other companies who cannot create such massive hype.

You have to make the cds before you can release the game, last time I checked.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Is Micmu stupid? Don't whine aboutterminology when you confuse it for something else.

As Bryce more politely pointed out, a game going gold in this case has NOTHING to do with how much copies it sold.

Dumbass.

Jon

Scholar
micmu said:
Thanks. I confused it for million copies sold. :oops:

Given the 'excitement' which seems to follow such a declaration you were probably not far from the mark with:

micmu said:
It's just another method to ensure even better sales at the expense of other companies who cannot create such massive hype.

Pancake

Novice
When a game goes gold, it means that production is halted, and the final and absolute version is off to be burned to hundreds of thousands of discs, packaged, and shipped. Oblivion, has most definately not gone gold.

ExMonk

Scholar
Pancake said:
When a game goes gold, it means that production is halted, and the final and absolute version is off to be burned to hundreds of thousands of discs, packaged, and shipped. Oblivion, has most definately not gone gold.

Everyone here knows that already. Glad you do too.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
MrSmileyFaceDude said:

Oh what do you know... it's not like you work for the company or anything...

Oh wait...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom