Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Officialsky Witcherovda 2 Impressiovna Threadskaia

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Grunker said:
2) I don't really care about that. It just means I have to not do that.

P. much.

3) :/ as in, bad? Dialogue was one of the things that hit home with TW1, I think.

No, they aren't bad. They are p. good. On the level of Twitcher 1, I think. The Twitcher 1 dialogues were also lulzy thanks to potato swear words M:

So far, so ambivalent ;)

Guess so. Gonna keep playing and see where it leads me.

Whaaaat?! This is niggardly. There's no way to get full screen?

Nnnnnnope. And it indeed is niggardly.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Didn't see that part about the non-widescreen monitors. Are you fucking serious? That sounds absolutly fucking horrible.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, another action adventure with a nice plot and atmosphere?

Will wait for the official Codex review written, hopefully, by Darth Roxor. :P

Exmit

Scholar
Grunker said:
1) So now we have Darth Roxor saying health regen is retardedly fast, and some other guys saying it's almost non-existant. What the fuck? Trusting Darth here for the moment, but it's weird to see such huge differences in opinions on a technical aspect in a discussion without Skyway.

Health regen is only out of combat (there are witcher abilities that allow you to regen like 20% of normal regen during combat)

Exmit

Scholar
Crooked Bee said:
So, another action adventure with a nice plot and atmosphere?

Will wait for the official Codex review written, hopefully, by Darth Roxor. :P

Think of it as Prince of Persia meets Hitman meets Ninja Gaiden meets I WANT TO BE A RPG ( + i haz a drag0n !!!!11 )

Playing this and fooling yourself that you are HARDKORE RPG PLAYER is a big no-no.

Saying all that, the writing , story and music is 100000% better than biowhores DAs + MEs.

If it only actualy was an rpg........ it would be game of millenium.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Grunker said:
1) So now we have Darth Roxor saying health regen is retardedly fast, and some other guys saying it's almost non-existant. What the fuck? Trusting Darth here for the moment, but it's weird to see such huge differences in opinions on a technical aspect in a discussion without Skyway.
No-no, I said the same thing as Darth Roxor. Outside of combat (if you are far from the battle), the regen is quite fast, but in combat it almost stops. You can exploit this if you want to of course, if you always run away from the battle, but where is the fun in that. :)

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Grunker said:
Didn't see that part about the non-widescreen monitors. Are you fucking serious? That sounds absolutly fucking horrible.

Sounds great to me. A game made for the wide screen master race.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
@J_C: Oh, I misunderstood then. Not a fan still, but it's less of a concern than otherwise.

commie said:
Why is pre-buffing bad? I would have thought running around getting out a little flask to drink while 6 fuckers are stabbing you was far crappier an idea.

Hmm, I guess you do have a point... It's not really important, but the potion-drinking happens before the action in the books too... My concern is though, that the pre-buffing means less tactical decision-making in combat.

I.e. responding to different situations with different tactics will be viable only upon reload with regards to potions.

Exmit

Scholar
Mastermind said:
Grunker said:

Sounds great to me. A game made for the wide screen master race.

:M :M :M :M :M :M :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
commie said:
Why is pre-buffing bad? I would have thought running around getting out a little flask to drink while 6 fuckers are stabbing you was far crappier an idea.

How about getting out a little flask to drink when I spot those six fuckers?

Pre-buffing is bad because it wastes time, is often broken, encourages metagame abusing and gives an unfair advantage.

No-no, I said the same thing as Darth Roxor. Outside of combat (if you are far from the battle), the regen is quite fast, but in combat it almost stops. You can exploit this if you want to of course, if you always run away from the battle, but where is the fun in that. :)

No, in combat it just stops, period. Unless you gulp down a Swallow (or unlock some talents, I guess?)

Exmit

Scholar
the fucking DLC is STILL not working because cd projekt got problem with servers and you cannot download it , FIX YOUR SHIT CD PROJEKT :x :x

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Darth Roxor said:
No, in combat it just stops, period. Unless you gulp down a Swallow (or unlock some talents, I guess?)
I could have sworn that I saw a minimal regen in battle, but I'm not so sure now. But it is even better if it stops entirely.

Stereotypical Villain said:
My DLC refuses to work, even though I've got them installed. I'm angered over this crap...

And yes, my fucking copy is legit.
How is it not working? You can't pick up the quest or what?

Captain Shrek

Fucking finally defeated the Kingslayer. Damn that fights near impossible on Hard setting. I had to change to Normal finally. I had invested heavily in sword skills though. I think I will soon change to magic onwards :( .

Great fight. His AI is almost perfect. I had use very carefully planned moves. It was really lucky that you have to reduce his health only to half. He uses EVERYTHING at his disposal. Which is a great incline.

Thanks Havoc! :salute:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Darth Roxor said:
Pre-buffing is bad because it wastes time, is often broken, encourages metagame abusing and gives an unfair advantage.

It is tempered in this game by the toxicity: each potion you drink will also poison you, with the strongest potions increasing your toxicity level the most. So it 's not like you can drink an infinite amount of potions. You also need a safe spot to be able to prepare.

Exmit

Scholar
Stereotypical Villain said:
My DLC refuses to work, even though I've got them installed. I'm angered over this crap...

And yes, my fucking copy is legit.

i can't even fucking dl it yet.

and why the fuck cd projekt got their servers in india or pakistan or wherever ?

ydZOq.jpg

J_C said:
]How is it not working? You can't pick up the quest or what?

No, I can't... The board just has that fourth-wall breaking post where it says "To unlock a troll contract... blah blah blah UPDATED MY JOURNAL" whenever I check the board.

It's really annoying.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Grunker said:
@J_C: Oh, I misunderstood then. Not a fan still, but it's less of a concern than otherwise.

commie said:

Hmm, I guess you do have a point... It's not really important, but the potion-drinking happens before the action in the books too... My concern is though, that the pre-buffing means less tactical decision-making in combat.

I.e. responding to different situations with different tactics will be viable only upon reload with regards to potions.

True, but at the same time it's rare that beasts just pop out of the air and the buffs last for 10 minutes or so, so you have time to decide on several buffs after scouting out the targets. With the toxicity thing in the game, it's not like you could spam potions anyway. I think it also was a bit of a balancing decision., maybe it would be too simple if you could just gobble up potions willy nilly.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Where do I find vodka for the troll? He get's mad if don't have any and I don't want to kill an alcoholic troll. :(:(

Been looking every tavern, and no-one sells any alcohol! :x

NEVERMIND, read the game guide.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
commie said:
With the toxicity thing in the game, it's not like you could spam potions anyway.

Doesn't toxicity vanish when the potion's effect ends, though? Which means you can, effectively, use ubermensch potions 24/7 if you have enough herbs? :M

also

That scene with Foltest dying was completely fucking retarded. I mean, 'hey dudebros, I'm in this castle where everyone hates my guts, there's a superhuman assassin after me, and I'm the smuggest and most clever damn king the world has seen, but yo, I'll just turn my back on this creepy bulky bro, I mean, he's completely harmless 'cause he's blind and has a robe, eh? Nevermind that eyecolour comment, I have problems with hearing, lolololo'

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Darth Roxor said:
commie said:

But drinking the potion during combat when you've identified the enemies is not an unfair advantage? I can see what your trying to say, but that's a Skyway argument there.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Mrowak said:
Storyfag said:
Trash said:
Storyfag said:
AlaCarcuss said:
Storyfag said:
So, I am now allowed to ask: what do you all englishfags think of the translation? :smug:
Specifically Act I onwards and the Journal :smug:

Perfect. More that perfect in fact. So much so I doubt it's strictly a translation, I'd be more inclined to think it was re-written entirely in english (rather than translated word-for-word).

God forbid a word-for-word translation. Who do you think we are? Amateurs?!

Wait, what? A dev?

A freelancer translator. Or writer, if you prefer. The devs were my direct superiors.

Storyfag... I feel complied to congratulate you job perfectly done. As a fellow freelance translator, apparently far less experienced than you I must say you and the team you worked with did most splendid job. I have been playing the game from the start in English - out of curiosity, I wanted to see if the translation could possibly reach native-English level. I think that it did. I am simply astounded by the sheer quality, the amount of touches there. Now, I have no clue if it's very faithful translation having not played the Polish version, but blow me down.

I feel humbled. I feel stupid. :(

Thanks man! Believe me, this was my first translation job. And *really* I'm just a small cog in the Great Machine. The Translation Lead though... he's the guy who *really* deserves all your praise.

Phelot

Arcane
commie said:
Darth Roxor said:
commie said:

But drinking the potion during combat when you've identified the enemies is not an unfair advantage? I can see what your trying to say, but that's a Skyway argument there.

I've never had a problem with games allowing you to drink a potion and especially in TW1 since they appear to be little shots AND they appear to be designed to drink quickly. They could have just designed an interrupt system. That's better than running away and having your enemies just wander back. That's exploit heaven if it's anything like is being described.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom