Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oh. My. God. The fucked up future of gaming.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Drakon, I know what you mean. I don't have a DS, but the GBA was my favorite "console" of the last generation.

obediah

Erudite
LlamaGod said:
why did people buy xbox 360 launch day, anyways?

I bought one on Jan 2, and I'm not entirely sure why yet. Mainly because I finally bought an HDTV w/o burn in issues and wanted to see how purdy games looked on it. I don't like FPS or racing games much, so I've spent about 45 minutes playing 360 games - and they are pretty. I bought Jade Empire for $20 and have been playing that. It's a kind of neat game, but the RP is as shitty as ever - in fact the the game should have just been called KOTOR:3 it's just like KOTOR except everyone has squinty eyes and bioware switched to the BG:A battle engine to maximize suck. I can't wait to go back and play it again picking the dark side err I mean closed fist where I get to be an ass hole and save the world. The phat lewt system has even been reduced to piling on pluses to your 3 primary and 6 secondary stats. It's a real shame that they put in all the effort to write the story, record voices, generate 20 hours of FMV, and forgot to put a roleplaying game in there.

Oh...being able to power on and off the system through the wireless controller is one of the coolest things ever.

dipdipdip

Liturgist
I instead bought an import PS2 for hanukkah, so that I could play me some Japanese wrestling games.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Not really fussed by the whole achievements thing. If you're playing a RPG on a console then it's probably the type of thing which will float your boat. We already have the publishers dictating content to the developers in PC games, Microsoft is no different in that respect even if it becomes heavy handed with what it doesn't want to see in a game.

As advertising creeps into games, content will be increasingly dictated to the developers.

Doesn't make too much difference to be honest. Shit games will remain shit games. Good games will remain rare.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom