Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oni

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Kaiserin said:
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Codex led me to God Hand....so is Oni that high caliber of an action game?
No.
I prefer Oni then Gods Hand.

Slobbergoat

Novice
I used to like Oni to a degree since it seemed to be the closest thing to a semi-decent non-lockon-whoring evolution of the old style fightan vidya like Final Fight.

Then I played Ninja Gaiden Black and now I don't like Oni anymore.

Overall it could of been butter if gun/un-gun gameplay was better integrated and the graphics had some artfulness to them rather than looking like a generic FPS shootan game mated with animu heads; Also, I seem to remember a trip/dream sequence that sucked ass, but I might be confusing elements of the game with MDK.

Derek Larp

Cipher
Slobbergoat said:
Also, I seem to remember a trip/dream sequence that sucked ass, but I might be confusing elements of the game with MDK.

No, it was in the game, and suck it did.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Derek Larp said:
Slobbergoat said:
Also, I seem to remember a trip/dream sequence that sucked ass, but I might be confusing elements of the game with MDK.

No, it was in the game, and suck it did.

Yes. Though not as bad as the JE-one but still.

Only other game I played which came close to incorporating both shooting and melee so finely together was BloodRayne. Too bad that most of the levels in Oni were fucking bland and/or stupid and enemy AI is really nothing to write home about (mindless rushing mostly). At least all the bosses required different techniques, though those were sort of gimmick-y.

Phelot

Arcane
I never played it and I was a huge Bungie fan up until then. I believe they were bought by Bungie when they were working on it. Either that or Halo.

From what I've seen, it doesn't come close to being as awesome as Marathon or Myth.

NotAnAlt

Educated
Dark Individual said:
AndhairaX said:
It was a fun game. I liked that they stressed unarmed combat, but they didn't make it deep enough. There should have been different martial arts styles.

I remember that cheats enabled you to play with any enemy and all of them had a unique style.

Should have included it in game. Was extremely fun, spent more time pissing around with it than i did playing the actual game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom