Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[OpenBOR] Marvel Infinity War (Fan game)

SilentMRG

Novice
Greetings everyone! :-D

Does anyone here like Marvel heroes? For those who miss the superhero games on the SNES, Mega Drive... Here's a great option: Marvel Infinity War

The game was created by a Brazilian known as ZVitor. He created other superhero games of the genre Beat 'em up... Justice League Legacy and another great option, among other enjoyable options!
I hope you enjoy this project that has been in development since 2014! Here you can follow the progress of many other projects: ZVitor's Channel

And this is the engine repository and a brief description about: OpenBOR is a royalty free sprite-based side scrolling gaming engine. From humble beginnings in 2004, it has since grown into the most versatile, easy to use, and powerful engine of its type you will find anywhere.

For other projects from other developers: ChronoCrash Community

Enjoy...
Best regards! ;)

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Personally, I hate superheroes, but it's hard not to have at least a little sympathy for a passionate creator who does what he does solely motivated by the desire to create.

SilentMRG

Novice
Personally, I hate superheroes, but it's hard not to have at least a little sympathy for a passionate creator who does what he does solely motivated by the desire to create.
I really like superheroes. Yes, ZVitor is very passionate about what he does and very talented too. He also made a game in the D&D animated series. They're not exactly superheroes, hehe :)

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Oh yes, I heard that this cartoon has a cult following in Brazil. Probably because of that brown girl in the short panties.
Renault got it:

Hell Swarm

Learned
I really like superheroes. Yes, ZVitor is very passionate about what he does and very talented too. He also made a game in the D&D animated series. They're not exactly superheroes, hehe :)
Zvitor seems to like speaking in third person and is totally not Silent MRG.

SilentMRG

Novice
Probably because of that brown girl in the short panties.
Lol... It definitely wasn't because of that! The series gained attention due to being shown on a children's program in the 80s. After that, because the series did not receive an ending, its fame increased due to many theories about what the characters' ending would be. The dubbing in Brazilian Portuguese has also gained a lot of love from fans over the years.

This car manufacturer just took advantage of nostalgia.

Well, even if it's not official (I think) this is the end of the series:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Probably because of that brown girl in the short panties.
Lol... It definitely wasn't because of that! The series gained attention due to being shown on a children's program in the 80s. After that, because the series did not receive an ending, its fame increased due to many theories about what the characters' ending would be. The dubbing in Brazilian Portuguese has also gained a lot of love from fans over the years.

This car manufacturer just took advantage of nostalgia.

Well, even if it's not official (I think) this is the end of the series:

Well, in my case it was the main reason why I remembered this cartoon.

Also this music video:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Also this music video
Hahaha... I don't know if it was the singer's intention... This clip was very funny! I laughed a lot! :lol: He's also a bit of a cringe, in the sense of "other people's shame" only, but what wasn't a cringe in the 80s and 90s? :-D

At that time, everything was localized, which also meant the songs in the intro. This piece is very much in the spirit of French musical tradition, as is the music video. In other words, it has that French spirit that may actually be impossible "to catch" outside of France.

SilentMRG

Novice
At that time, everything was localized, which also meant the songs in the intro. This piece is very much in the spirit of French musical tradition, as is the music video. In other words, it has that French spirit that may actually be impossible "to catch" outside of France.
Interesting... I didn't know it was a clip following French music culture. Hehe... I don't know much about France. If I remember correctly, the opening song of the Brazilian version is the same as the one played in the North American version.

I've played one of the games a bit but I didn't have a controller then.
These games are great, such labours of love, I gotta download one and play now that I got a controller.
I also gotta buy another one so I can play with two players when I have a friend over.

SilentMRG

Novice
So, I had an Xbox 360 controller and a generic PS2 controller. The first simply burned out of nowhere and the second no longer responds, despite Windows recognizing it. My only alternative at the moment is to play via keyboard. For people who only have a keyboard and mouse at their disposal, I suggested in the engine repository the addition of support for mouse + autofire which simply helps a lot to save key mashing.
Now I don't know if the engine developers will respond positively to my request. Just as an example, the arcade FinalBurn Neo emulator has full mouse and autofire support.

fuck, i hoped somebody dug out that old flash game which marvel actually got removed from the internet.

SilentMRG

Novice
fuck, i hoped somebody dug out that old flash game which marvel actually got removed from the internet.
I remember this one! I played a lot on my old PC years ago. :-D Good game... Turn-based RPG with lots of powers and characters from the movies. Here you can get information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Avengers_Alliance

I didn't even know it had received a sequel. :o

Errrr... The video is in Brazilian Portuguese, you know my man, take a look at the description. I'll let you know that I haven't tested this... So I can't guarantee if it's free of any "virtual nonsense that likes to attack PCs". You understood what I meant. Well, here seems to be the place with information about the project: https://www.reddit.com/r/maaREDUX/

So, I had an Xbox 360 controller and a generic PS2 controller. The first simply burned out of nowhere and the second no longer responds, despite Windows recognizing it. My only alternative at the moment is to play via keyboard. For people who only have a keyboard and mouse at their disposal, I suggested in the engine repository the addition of support for mouse + autofire which simply helps a lot to save key mashing.
Now I don't know if the engine developers will respond positively to my request. Just as an example, the arcade FinalBurn Neo emulator has full mouse and autofire support.
Wow autofire would be really cool!

Ah man, now I have to make even more space in my poor limited NVME for yet another game lol. At least this one is easy hehehehe

I remember this one!
my dear fellow, you've never been more wrong. i'm talking about something from late '90s-early '00s, completely free, almost no graphics, basically a rock-paper-scissor game but deeply ingrained into lore, so much that it was impossible to play without vast knowledge. back then internet was much smaller and just for nerds, so marvel threw a cease and desist at the poor guy and the game got removed forever

SilentMRG

Novice
my dear fellow, you've never been more wrong. i'm talking about something from late '90s-early '00s, completely free, almost no graphics, basically a rock-paper-scissor game but deeply ingrained into lore, so much that it was impossible to play without vast knowledge. back then internet was much smaller and just for nerds, so marvel threw a cease and desist at the poor guy and the game got removed forever
Man, when you said "flash game" I immediately thought of the one above. It was all programmed in flash, and due to the closure of "Flash Player" the project is being developed in the Unity engine. Maybe you're talking about this (?): https://classicmarvelforever.com/cms/

Honestly, I think the game you're talking about was localized to the European continent, because I don't remember anything like that here in the late 90s or early 2000s. The only memory I have is of playing a tabletop RPG from Marvel with a friend, without using the internet, because that was something "alien" around here.

SilentMRG

Novice
Wow autofire would be really cool!

Ah man, now I have to make even more space in my poor limited NVME for yet another game lol. At least this one is easy hehehehe
Autofire will be great for those shooting sessions. These games are very good and deserve to be archived! He had made one of Golden Axe that Sega did the "favor" of taking down.

:outrage:

Unfortunately I didn't download it at the time and ended up losing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom