Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox Entertainment to publish Mount & Blade

Abernathy

Scholar
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,12446.0.html

Mount & Blade in a box? Not yet, but Armagan has confirmed this distribution deal:

Armagan said:
While Paradox is a great publisher, we don't have a retail publishing deal with them at the moment. They are going to place Mount&Blade on their Gamersgate.net online portal (which, I hope becomes very successful Smile). We are actually very happy to establish a formal relation and partnership with a publisher, but this isn't a retail publishing deal and we will keep selling the game ourselves through our online webstore along with them. The sales price will be the same for the two stores so players will be free to choose whichever store they want to buy the game from.

And of course existing licenses and serial keys will be valid for the full version of Mount&Blade. This is our commitment and the basis of our business strategy so we woudln't even consider a deal which doesn't honor that.

sheek

Arbiter
Abernathy said:
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,12446.0.html

Mount & Blade in a box? Not yet, but Armagan has confirmed this distribution deal:

Armagan said:
While Paradox is a great publisher, we don't have a retail publishing deal with them at the moment. They are going to place Mount&Blade on their Gamersgate.net online portal (which, I hope becomes very successful Smile). We are actually very happy to establish a formal relation and partnership with a publisher, but this isn't a retail publishing deal and we will keep selling the game ourselves through our online webstore along with them. The sales price will be the same for the two stores so players will be free to choose whichever store they want to buy the game from.

And of course existing licenses and serial keys will be valid for the full version of Mount&Blade. This is our commitment and the basis of our business strategy so we woudln't even consider a deal which doesn't honor that.

What's this got to do with Mount&Blade in a box? The only thing happening is that Taleworlds will give up some of their profits to get listed on big websites. It's an advertising deal, end of story.

Getting the basic engine finished should be the first priority.

Abernathy

Scholar
sheek said:
What's this got to do with Mount&Blade in a box? The only thing happening is that Taleworlds will give up some of their profits to get listed on big websites. It's an advertising deal, end of story.
It was theorised about before Armagan responded. Not much to box yet though, of course.

And yeah, advertising and hosting I think. Sounds like a good deal to me!

Getting the basic engine finished should be the first priority.
I'd bet it is. But I figured the advertising deal was a tad more interesting than 'another day in the office' :)

Gwendo

Augur
It's published now, huh? Then that's why there's so many cracked versions around the net. What a shame!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom