Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Party-based RPG recommendations

Murk

Arcane
Marie said:
Mikayel said:
Temple of Elemental Evil if used without a party cap remover is actually quite a fun party-based game in terms of combat. The inherent level cap is 10, meaning that your characters won't have a chance to reach uber status
Temple of Elemental Evil also seems to get a lot of praise here, I considered it but it's D&D, so after Icewind Dale (tried 1 and 2), I wasn't too keen about it.
Neverwinter Nights 2 Storm of Zehir is mostly on low level according to what I saw here, would you recommend it as well for that reason?

No I wouldn't lump in Storm of Zehir with it, the games are very different and the combat in Storm of Zehir suffers from all the same problems as any other NWN2 module.

ToEE's combat however is... well, the best in any cRPG I've seen so far.

There's also the question of level cap, I believe SoZ goes up to the mid tens where-as ToEE caps out exactly at ten, meaning your fighters won't even have 3 attacks per round.

I'll also say that the IE games (Baldur's gate, Icewind Dale) are nothing like Temple of Elemental Evil past the D&D, in terms of actual gameplay and mechanics they are very different.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom