Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker Kickstarter Update #15: Jubilost Video + Exclusive Details from Chris Avellone

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
This video, the character keeps on prattling and prattling; I know its supposed to be his personality qurik but firstly, its completely over the top ~ nobody talks like that, and particularly, they are all standing in the middle of a river while he goes on and on with his pompous shit. That scene feels really off somehow, I don't like it.

Developer
Just to clarify - the other writers aren't secret and it's not a conspiracy, I just asked their permission to use their names (not all devs want to be named, so I try to ask first), and they haven't gotten back to me yet so I didn't want to name them without their permission.

But yes, there's a Lead Narrative Designer, plus two other writers, and another one joining soon. There's also been an editor and I rewriting the Vertical Slice dialogues (keeping the intent, but making it easier to read), and that takes a lot of time.

Also, in terms of who's writing what companion and which ones, to clarify - companions haven't even been assigned yet. Most of the revealed ones were created before I came on board, so with the exception of Jubilost (who's still a maybe), I'd love to try my hand at some of the ones that haven't been detailed yet, since I think the writers have formed a bond with those companions already. :)

Anyway, just wanted to pass along facts and knowledge (and defuse any conspiracy theories - the devs weren't mentioned by name out of politeness, but I hope they'll introduce themselves as the campaign progresses).

Neanderthal

Arcane
Elves are a lot less sassy if you cut their lying tongues out.

Then kill them.

Then burn the bodies.

Then hold a nice celebration with the little uns dancing around the fire, and nice hot crumpets toasting by the fireside.

Then carve little trinkets from their bones (pipes and such) for the children to play wi.

PrettyDeadman

I mean you play as a baron in this game. You should just put to sword any non-noble who speaks to you when not spoken to first.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Lets face it you're not gonna really play as a baron, you're not gonna gather taxes and rents, raise levies, march to your feudal masters aid when called, sit in judgement on your populace, send out others to enforce your wil, or weild any real authority etc. You're gonna play a roaming adventurer who does fetchquests.

If not i'll be pleasantly surprised.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lets face it you're not gonna really play as a baron, you're not gonna gather taxes and rents, raise levies, march to your feudal masters aid when called, sit in judgement on your populace, send out others to enforce your wil, or weild any real authority etc. You're gonna play a roaming adventurer who does fetchquests.

You are right. You are going to be a King so you are going to have others do that for you.

Neanderthal

Arcane

You are right. You are going to be a King so you are going to have others do that for you.

Hopefully, love to see something matching King of Dragon Pass, with a more detailed focus on minutiae of rulership.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Hopefully, love to see something matching King of Dragon Pass, with a more detailed focus on minutiae of rulership.
They said their first version of the kingdom running was full of numbers and simulation and it worked great but they decided it would be too boring for most people so they decided to make it around NPCs and companions. Probably means you will not have a menu like the Stronghold in PoE where you do everything but you will need to talk to people and give orders that way and receive all reports from your advisers by talking to them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom