Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Bolster metamagic is 1 full round cast on ember.
Slightly less pathetic than the -2 AC of "muh hexes".

-2 AC on harder difficulties sometimes means hitting boss on 18-20 or only 20.

Also -2 AC from shaman and witch hexes stack, so you are looking at -4 AC. And -8 AC later after -2 turns into -4 AC per hex

If you're doing this you might as well crit fish with Bless Weapon (auto-crit confirm). No reason you have to even on Unfair after level five or so, but there are a couple exceptions like Maugla if you can't get it Shaken. Most of the time you're cutting miss chance in half or something in that range.

Also inadvertently beat Unfair Maugla with Thorn Body + both False Lifes on Cam.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nenio is good place to use all the garbage Divine Favor scrolls you find since her class ups the CL. Can also make Vitals scrolls early and get full value late.
I actually had no idea what to pick and Divine Favor helps when I run into enemies with good touch AC. I cannot cast scrolls as swift action on turn 1

Use them pre-combat. They last one minute (ten rounds). Why do people think you have to cast Divine Spells in combat? Never get this.

Divine Power scales up to +6/+6 (Favor is only +3/+3)
Because I am too lazy for that. I am not playing on Unfair like you.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Also -2 AC from shaman and witch hexes stack, so you are looking at -4 AC. And -8 AC later after -2 turns into -4 AC per hex

Using 2 members of your party fully occupied to just lower AC is a waste, after chapter 1/2. Stacking AB is not that hard, and rather target touch AC with a hellfire ray.

Would you keep the whole turn Ember occupied for -4 AC or 1 (or 2) spell kill the boss with a maximied sneakerino attackerino hellfire ray followed by another quickened one in the same turn?

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Using 2 members of your party fully occupied to just lower AC is a waste, after chapter 1/2. Stacking AB is not that hard, and rather target touch AC with a hellfire ray.

Would you keep the whole turn Ember occupied for -4 AC or 1 (or 2) spell kill the boss with a maximied sneakerino attackerino hellfire ray followed by another quickened one in the same turn?

It's not fully occupied. One round is usually enough for me. Do you have half your team standing around picking their noses or something? In any case if your fights last longer put the Hex on (sometimes they even fail the save) then in subsequent rounds you can Cackle to keep it up and still have your Swift and Standard Action free.

As I said I'll use Hampering Hex on Cam (it's like Freebooter's Bane from Amiri in P:K - slows her up a beat to keep her out of trouble while helping team before wading in) then Evil Eye from Ember to lower saves or AB as needed. Once Aru replaces Cam you can switch Ember over to AC on the Evil Eye or use Delicious Fright to turn on Shatter if you need that.

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been playing this low lvl DLC, and I'm about to commit heresy:

It sort-of reminds me of Dark Souls. The struggle to bring light through darkness. Using the environment to kill undesirables. Exploration is loops on the map. NPCs that can be swayed a bit with positivity and music?

So far it's... charming. I haven't beaten it yet, but... it may look like something you wanna buy. I'm almost dreading the moment I will see Paizo's hand in it. Hopefully they don't care enough to with DLCs.

Desiderius

Patron
Because I am too lazy for that. I am not playing on Unfair like you.

Lazy? It's easier to take a round for short duration stuff just before combat than to try to cram everything in in the heat of battle. Divine Favor/Power turns a 3/4 class into a full class so kind of worth it. Takes Pal almost to the level of Fighter/Slayer too. What's really lazy is burning a Favor scroll so I can just shoot Nenio's xBow instead of having to worry about positioning her spells.

I just did that one Unfair run to see how it compared to P:K (harder) and whether you could do it with a regular party (not really - need a source of supplemental AC to avoid regular mobs). Also to shut up the Discord dorkwads who kept lecturing me with whatever garbage Nerd Commando or whoever was making up that week. Though tbh it regularly kicked my ass.

Usually was playing on Core or Hard and enjoying the low stress blowouts with occasional tough boss fights.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

It's not fully occupied. One round is usually enough for me. Do you have half your team standing around picking their noses or something? In any case if your fights last longer put the Hex on (sometimes they even fail the save) then in subsequent rounds you can Cackle to keep it up and still have your Swift and Standard Action free.

As I said I'll use Hampering Hex on Cam (it's like Freebooter's Bane from Amiri in P:K - slows her up a beat to keep her out of trouble while helping team before wading in) then Evil Eye from Ember to lower saves or AB as needed. Once Aru replaces Cam you can switch Ember over to AC on the Evil Eye or use Delicious Fright to turn on Shatter if you need that.

So in the DLC1, when the mean of the enemies AC is in the 90s on hard, you have Ember turn like this:

- Evil eye (enemy saves)
- Cackle

So you can get Zombie lord AC down from 93 to 89 (and the rest of the mob are unaffected, coz there are always more than 1 enemy).
What about you get +4 AB building better your party and let Ember do what Baby Jesus had in mind for her.
Being a super nuker doing hella dmg.

Desiderius

Patron
So in the DLC1, when the mean of the enemies AC is in the 90s on hard, you have Ember turn like this:

- Evil eye (enemy saves)
- Cackle

So you can get Zombie lord AC down from 93 to 89 (and the rest of the mob are unaffected, coz there are always more than 1 enemy).
What about you get +4 AB building better your party and let Ember do what Baby Jesus had in mind for her.
Being a super nuker doing hella dmg.

Nah, by then I've got over 100 AB*, there you shave 6 off the saves. If I need a nuker I can bring a companion who's better at it or more likely use my MC. So far I haven't but it's also a thing you can certainly do, especially if you want to solo.

The other enemies can be safely ignored if you've got you AC up where it should be by then and you've got other tools to control casters.

Main point is that Ember doesn't have ANY abilities that other companions don't to help her nuking.

She should.

First turn is Move into position + Evil Eye -6 to all Saves + Swift spell from Sorcerous Reflex
Second turn is Cackle + Spell + Swift spell from Rod
Third turn same until Rod runs out (Eye effect persists)

* - if you're not quite that high then the AC reduction gets really good in that range. If you have 83 AB and the boss is 93 AC then -6 reduces your miss chance from 9/20 to 3/20 (66% reduction), which really cuts down on the variance (aka bad RNG).

EDIT: pretty sure there are a lot of mind-immune mobs in the DLC so even less likely I'd bring Ember. Sux that Cam's dead by then or she could bring the -6 Hampering Hex since it works on everything.

Last edited:

quixotic

Learned
all fucking russians must fucking hang.
a5f.jpeg

Sarathiour

Cipher
More bugs.... I got Elk as a mount for Camalia, and now when it is moving around, it does not turn in the direction of the movement but glides sideways everywhere...

EDIT: OK , restart of the game at least fixed this.
Pretty common bug, Bismuth was moonwalking through demon city.

Yosharian

Arcane
High dmg touch AC rays are always needed when fighting anything big or those 1000HP Gallus in chapter 5.
Gallus? They die pretty fast to my physical damage party. Also they have more than 1000 HP.

The real arseholes are those physical-immune swarms, but they get squished pretty fast by elemental/divine damage which my party has.

So not really no, rays aren't 'needed'.

Humbaba

Arcane
Gallus? They die pretty fast to my physical damage party. Also they have more than 1000 HP.

The real arseholes are those physical-immune swarms, but they get squished pretty fast by elemental/divine damage which my party has.

I wasn't talking about party damage, I was talking about what the caster specifically is better off doing.

Desiderius

Patron

I wasn't talking about party damage, I was talking about what the caster specifically is better off doing.

Making sure your party is connecting with those Gallus and disabling/controlling the adds he's buffing is one thing.

But they're one of the best places for big Rays to get them down fast if your party isn't physical damage focused. I played some Court Poet with a (mostly) nuking party so that's a thing you can do.

Big = meta, which Ember isn't particularly suited for tho. Trickster could do ok ( are Gallus even vulnerable to precision?) but again why Ember?

Also a good place for full Pal Seelah:

PalSeelah17AuraofRight.jpg

Desiderius

Patron

Which... depends entirely on whether your party can take down the Gallu quickly with their own damage/needs help connecting/needs extra damage from a Ray/needs the adds controlled.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Which... depends entirely on whether your party can take down the Gallu quickly with their own damage/needs help connecting/needs extra damage from a Ray/needs the adds controlled.
It is all about Mythic + Party Power combination. My Oracle/Angel was so crazy powerful at the end of my Unfair run that she was brute-forcing chapter 6 practically solo with two-handed axe and dragging around some Hexer for Evil Eye was laughable.
And my Trickster/Kineticist with Persuasion 3 had all enemies, including the game's last boss, suiciding at round 1.
And my Demon/Wizard was slinging around 60-75 DC Wierds so she could kill anything with Grandmaster Rod.

I also often include Skald into my group for +14 AB from Reckless Stance + Inspire Ferocity + Cloak too, so that eliminates almost any need for touch attackers and -AC hexers both (and makes domain spammer highly situational). Main reason why I use Daeran for rays too - his main function is healing and suppling clerical buffs, rays are almost afterthought here so he had something useful to do in his spare time.

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
You wanna talk about every single permutation during combat and we're gonna be sitting here for the next 20 years.

Desiderius

Patron
Persuasion 3 is ranks so I’ll need a screenshot for that one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom