Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC coming June 13th

Lambach

Arcane
So Guarded Hearth is now a Competence rather than a Sacred bonus? Doesn't even make sense, but w/e.

If so, that's a -4 AB nerf for my Party during the toughest fights in which I need to use it, Inspire Courage won't stack with it. It's offset slightly by the fact that it now will stack with the +5 AB from Mark of Justice, but only against a single target.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So Guarded Hearth is now a Competence rather than a Sacred bonus? Doesn't even make sense, but w/e.

If so, that's a -4 AB nerf for my Party during the toughest fights in which I need to use it, Inspire Courage won't stack with it. It's offset slightly by the fact that it now will stack with the +5 AB from Mark of Justice, but only against a single target.
Unless you are playing on Unfair you don't need it.

Stoned Ape

Savant
  • I'm really enjoying this so far; much better than I did the endless dungeon.
  • Planning a route through the isles is good fun.
  • Just about to reach Mythic Rank 1 now, which I think happens when you start a new expedition after getting to level 6.
  • You don't have to kill everything in order to clear an island, you just have to collect the special chest/statue/whatever then leave through the exit portal.
  • There are some optional fights that are extremely hard to win and will consume a lot of resources. You might want to avoid them if your party is not set up to tackle them.
  • Huge fiendish fire elementals are really tough.
  • Remember to pick align weapon, or buy potions of bless weapon from the port vendor.
  • Stock up on healing potions and other consumables at port when you get the chance, they are quite rare otherwise.
  • Remember to make sure all of your fighters have access weapons with different damage types.

A-Minish

Educated
EE edition in one month ? Nice, this leaves me the time to do a few other things.

Now about my Aeon run. A few precisions first, I played in Core difficulty(+ Additional enemy behaviors and no shared exp) with a start at level 3, free mercs, I tried to creat a thematic team(Im a nature fag), I played in Turn-Based mod and I used Toybox, a buff-bot and the mythic spell-book merger mod. I went with a half-orc Druid-Elemental Rampager, a gnom Alchemist-Metamorph, a MC as a gnom Druids-Drovier(Dog), another gnom Drovier(Leopard), an oread Oracle-Life and a hobbit Bard-Beastamer. So not realy the Core difficulty or an optimised run but a "relax" one.

Overall : Crusade might not be shit but I was never good with HoM&M games, I just found it boring and tedious. It was a mostly bug-free run. Some companions I liked(Regill, Dearan, Lann, Woljif), some I was neutral toward(Greybore, Ember, Aru) and the rest I just could not... Nenio for fuck sake, she is oozing "Big Bang Theory" nerd/autist stereotype, I fucking hate that shit:argh:.
Thanks to 1 or 2 level in advance the start was not realy painful though I still had to be cautious. I liked the exploration and the fact maps changed after the inn assault. Still too slow to start for me though. The upper echelon of the Eagle Watch deserves to be flogged or hanged for their retardedness.
I liked it despite finding it too linear for my taste. The Regill X Gargoyle fight was fucking long but I managed. The vescovor canyon was a massacre for my party, I lucked out(savescum) but I think I was not prepared enought as some of my characters were often confused(same for my summons), the vescovor queen was easy in comparison. I think the Drezen assault could have benefited from a rest or two(mutliples assault events separated bya few days) and more events/decision/ways to conduct assault/siege.
A few fights realy slapped me, I think I was level 11 when I killed that damned black-corrupt-dragon(Fuck you Greybore for charging like a 'tard), there was also a strange skinless übermensch demon that mopped the floor with my c&c shapeshifters. The famous Black Water dungeon I managed but it was a slog, its final fight was easy though as I used the technic called "Eat a bag of dick", which you can translate as "Summon multiples smilodons ontop of your foe."(easiet/fastest fight I ever had in the game). The Midnight Fane, Ivory Sanctum and the Sarkorian village were not too much trouble(I liked all of them). I appreciated the exploration even if I would not have said no to more exploration text-based events.
My FPS suffered a lot here. Again I received a few good spank here and there(fuck the aasimar sadist and the 2nd elevator fight in the mine), the rest was not realy that hard. I liked the setting of this chapter, exotic enough for me. May be a bit too much fights.
Not finished, barely started. Why ? Queen Stupidus, BUGS and my party could not go any further. My dear colleague Melies could not accept me as an Aeon, so he decided to spank me for good and so he did. Now I get it, he is a kind of God/Demi-God but was his abilitie to act 6 time a turn normal ? Even my elemental protection given by my Aeon Gaze were none-effective against his empowered Flamestorm/Sunburst. The best I could do was to nearly kill all his summons(sirrocos and Polar Midnight helped a lot) and start hurting him but he just wrecked us next turn
Then I reached a peak of fatigue and decided to just kill him with Toybox and see what's next. I legit "killed" our dear Deskari in the Kenabres rift and then went on to do Regill quest... And then the quest bugged hard and I could not finish it, no dialog at all after a legal duel with him. At last the game denied me a inch of story and it just broked the camel's back for me.
I liked it very much. Saving Staunton, Drezen and the swarm-savant were satisfying even if it could have been better gameplay-wise(having Staunton as a companion). Some of the trials were a nice touch, especially emptying Drezen of its people in a feat of planar extremism. I still wish we could have had more interactions and more gameplay with it. Ex : having a big army of axiomite freshly arriving at chap5, new personnal advisors in line with this path in order to replace some NPCs, having a Rift in Whitesun, etc.
I will definitly do another Aeon run next year(when the game and mods are going to be more stable). Now I will probably do a Trickster run when the EE drops.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Ended up changing my party composition from my original plan because there is a far greater diversity of enemy than I originally expected.

So far, I have:

Human Rowdy 4/Vanguard 3 (MC). Amazing against everything that's not immune to precision damage, poor against things that are.
Kitsune Arcane Rider 7. Sharing his arcane weapon enhancement with his mount is simply awesome. Really good at clearing up mobs, and has access to some decent skills for early bonus XP.
Human Freebooter 7. Just got sense Vitals so she'll actually be able to do some decent damage once per rest. Really handy to have around for her spammable bond+bane, though.
Aasimar Nature Oracle 7*. Rides a horse. Has the +CHA to animal saves and personal AC powers. Will take Healing as a second Mystery. Gets access to shield of faith, barkskin and vestment.
Abyssal Tiefling Bard 7. STR/CHA build for reach weapons. A Bard is useful to have around and rarely needs to rest up to recover songs while keeping them up for most fights.
Half-elf Brown Fur Trnasmuter 7. Doesn't really contribute against mobs due to having to save spells for tougher fights, but makes sure I win those. If I were to swap a character out it would be her for a Kineticist.

*I was going to take a cleric but the camping corruption means the extra casts/rest the oracle gets really help out.

ferratilis

Magister
Have they finally patched the game to avoid GPU melting for no apparent reason?
Nope. My RX 5700 XT will still reach 110c junction temperature unless I cap the game to 60fps, in which case it maxes out at 90c. I wouldn't recommend anyone play it with unlocked framerate.

Delterius

Arcane
EE edition in one month ?
You sure? I assumed it was pushed back, same as Midnight Isles itself.

The two things I know might be in the EE are 'Mythic Ranks Pacing Adjustments' and 'More Content For Late Game Paths'. I hope for some slight mythic re-designs, like Aeon got, to help some of my character concepts going into the EE. I also hope content for certain Early Paths gets a rounding out as well.

A-Minish

Educated
EE edition in one month ?
You sure? I assumed it was pushed back, same as Midnight Isles itself.

The two things I know might be in the EE are 'Mythic Ranks Pacing Adjustments' and 'More Content For Late Game Paths'. I hope for some slight mythic re-designs, like Aeon got, to help some of my character concepts going into the EE. I also hope content for certain Early Paths gets a rounding out as well.

Well there it is https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3400797688635109882
You have been asking us about the controller support for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, and now we have exciting news: it will become available on the 29th of September, when your version of the game upgrades to the Enhanced Edition. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will also be released on the consoles on the same date.

The Enhanced Edition of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will become the standard version for the console release, and also will be available for all PC owners of the game on the 29th of September for free.
I do not know if it was delayed or not. That is all I know.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I feel like I kinda had to to match the crazy THC, damage and AC of lategame bosses/enemies.
You felt like you had to since you were putting all your eggs in one basket instead of designing around team synergies. Six threats > one.

Just use AoE buffs and attack their weaknesses. Playful for instance is a Vivi and if you've ever played one you know they're a glass cannon. No Uncanny Dodge, no Mind-immunity so can be Intimidated, etc... Break the glass.

There are a good many no save debuffs as well. Short duration, but there are no bullet sponges so that's all you should need.
Intimidate roll isn't exactly easy if don't super min-max AFAIR.
Plus you'd need to dispel it first, as it has Greater Heroism AFAIR.

Finnean with Brilliant Energy is very helpful. As are Hex debuffs and other debuffs.
There are several effects that autoshaken including obviously Frightful Aspect at lvl 15. Ember gets Delicious Fright at lvl 10. Of course there’s your old favorite Dirge at 8.

If you wait to fight him until after picking up Mythic 5 you should usually hit lvl 15 as well (and Frightful on Sos/Nenio). Lvl 16 kicks Hexes up to -6 and Wolj Debilitating to -8/-8.

There are also a lot of ways to buff that skill check by then but better safe than sorry.
Ald15 Intimidation Fail.jpg

Playful Darkness info.jpg

Lowering his WIS looks like a promising approach. Mummification is undead-like but not undead. Vulnerable to getting Healed to death but not Mind-immune. He's Instinctual Warrior2/Vivi17 IIRC.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Now stacks with Touch of Good tho. Time to move on from P:K and lose the Bard/Skald. Tho I'd hate to play regular Unfair again without the AC buffs from Skald with Guarded Stance and Animal Totem.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ended up changing my party composition from my original plan because there is a far greater diversity of enemy than I originally expected.

So far, I have:

Human Rowdy 4/Vanguard 3 (MC). Amazing against everything that's not immune to precision damage, poor against things that are.
Kitsune Arcane Rider 7. Sharing his arcane weapon enhancement with his mount is simply awesome. Really good at clearing up mobs, and has access to some decent skills for early bonus XP.
Human Freebooter 7. Just got sense Vitals so she'll actually be able to do some decent damage once per rest. Really handy to have around for her spammable bond+bane, though.
Aasimar Nature Oracle 7*. Rides a horse. Has the +CHA to animal saves and personal AC powers. Will take Healing as a second Mystery. Gets access to shield of faith, barkskin and vestment.
Abyssal Tiefling Bard 7. STR/CHA build for reach weapons. A Bard is useful to have around and rarely needs to rest up to recover songs while keeping them up for most fights.
Half-elf Brown Fur Trnasmuter 7. Doesn't really contribute against mobs due to having to save spells for tougher fights, but makes sure I win those. If I were to swap a character out it would be her for a Kineticist.

*I was going to take a cleric but the camping corruption means the extra casts/rest the oracle gets really help out.
To me it seems like a Witch with limitless Hex is kind of important for this DLC as resting is even more limited than before.

Desiderius

Patron

So far, I have:

To me it seems like a Witch with limitless Hex is kind of important for this DLC as resting is even more limited than before.
Looks similar to second DLC. Must be trying to keep up with Pierre.

Finally, a date for the "it's done" version. Now I can buy it in a month. Last time I bought it upfront with the season pass, but I needed to wait since this has nonofficial Linux support. I was really hoping they'd come out with that later. Kingmaker ran nearly flawlessly on Linux. I had maybe one very minor bug.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Does anyone know if there's a portrait pack for Pathfinder that includes the NWN portraits, specifically the class emblem portraits? Doesn't have to be them singled out as long as they are included in the pack.

If not I might have to make it myself.

ferratilis

Magister
lol
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1184370/announcements/detail/3342255381753719697
Update 1.4.1a
Ahoy, sailors!

We’ve prepared a small hot-fix 1.4.1a! Many of you have noticed how strangely your characters were posing when you opened the inventory. Turned out, they were not immune to sea sickness! Thankfully, today they got used to it, can stand firmly on the ground (and the deck), and hold their weapons appropriately. We apologize if your adventures at sea got affected by this issue.

9085ea8d6d3a289651bdd068490b48d5291637b7.jpg

ferratilis

Magister
Owlcats, can you by any chance increase the mouse scrolling speed in menus or make it an option where we can toggle the speed?

Or at least make this thing wider when you hover over it? It's not much, but it would mean a lot as a qol improvement. Browsing merchant inventories has become really tedious with slow scrolling.
image.png

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Okay, so this new patch has some gems that made me chuckle, and I'm going to post them for you guys now:
  • The effects of buffs and negative statuses now pause during cutscenes; <- this one was a feature since BG II (lol)
  • Slaves at Fleshmarkets have been disarmed; (lol)
  • All animal companions with horns and tusks finally recalled they shouldn't bite, and started using their horns at full capacity. All animal companions with gore now perform a free trip attack with gore;
  • Azata's Chaotic Healing ability no longer begrudges the dhampirs, dooming the rest of the party to a slow death without healing. Now it obediently works, restoring the party's health (except for dhampirs with Negative Energy Affinity);
  • Gold Dragon now properly converts d6 to d8 for spell damage calculations;
  • Saving against Drone didn't make the characters immune to it for the next 24 hours – fixed;
  • Winged characters will stop falling into pits now;
  • For Gold Dragon, all the weapons, including the natural weapons in dragon form, count as +5 weapons now;

And for round 2, we have the special edition we here at Owlcat like to call "Oops, Aeon's not supposed to work this way!"
  • Aeon's line in Regill's personal quest now works correctly;
  • The reward for Aeon from Xanthir has been updated.
  • Aeon's Pure Form didn't remove the negative effects – fixed;
  • Haste effect from Aeon's cloak The Bound of Possibility no longer stacks with the regular Haste spell; instead, it replaces it.
  • Added the description for Aeon's Mythic Suppression ability;

But number 1, towering above all:
  • Fixed the issue which happened when a character had multiple feats replacing the dice for unarmed combat. Now the game will be using the feat which provides the highest damage. And if you activate an ability for unarmed combat damage, the attack with use the dice from that ability;

Beating Owlcat RPGs on 1st edition is what we like to call Hardcore Mode.

Lambach

Arcane
This might've been discussed in the thread already, but is it possible to make an effective Summon-focused build here (Core or above difficulty) ?

Monster Tactician was OK-but-not-great in Kingmaker,, but here it seems a lot weaker, because the creatures you can Summon are the same as in Kingmaker, whereas the enemies you face are generally noticeably stronger at comparable points in the game.

Any thoughts?

Delterius

Arcane
because the creatures you can Summon are the same as in Kingmaker, whereas the enemies you face are generally noticeably stronger at comparable points in the game.
I already felt summons were behind the curve as far back as Kingmaker and now everything is so out of wack. Sure you can grab stuff like Aeon bonuses, certain items and so on. There's a datamined quarterstaff that gives a +6 to summons physical stats. I just can't see things adding up to more than cannonfodder but I would love to be proven wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom