Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
And so Camellia gets killed again, this time by a very cool 269 dmg crit.

Neat reactivity on my PC being a halfling so far by the way. Only a couple of dialogue options but I get a squad of 27 halfling slingers and they're pretty good too. There's also a nice amount of reactivity regarding your PC's choice of deity.

I also like how it seems that every mythic path has a different equally valid reason to go to Areelu's lab. For lich it was because there was a crystal there that interfered with the ritual, now for angel I'm supposed to go there to bust out Targona. They could've very easily made the mythic paths the same storyline wise and just swap out the mentor figures, with each of them telling you to get the crystal so I commend the devs for actually putting in more effort than that. Looking forward to what the rest has in store. Don't tell me tho pls.
I am doing Trickster atm and its reason is hilarious and again different than these two.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Idk who was asking here - Arueshalae's face shows a not-profoundly-pronounced mixture of Romanian, Ukrainian / Russian and a bit of something foreign to the East - maybe German - not really sure what that foreign part is. I'd say, her features are harder to determine because all of that.

Last edited:
Idk who was asking here - Arueshalae's face shows a not-profoundly-pronounced mixture of Romanian, Ukrainian / Russian and a bit of something foreign to the East - maybe German - not really sure what that foreign part is. I'd say, her features are harder to determine because all of that.
It is too narrow face anon! It is! I do want cute wide face wife anon! I do!
MfDVi6o.jpg

Humbaba

Arcane
You mean to tell me that you can actually tell those people apart?

Humbaba

Arcane
Another piece of halfling reactivity: I met the skeleton merchant for the first time and he very patronisingly offered me a potion of enlarge person. I then asked for a free sample and he gave me a scroll of legendary proportions. Very nice.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
You mean to tell me that you can actually tell those people apart?
It's not like I can tell any Russian or Romanian or etc... but there are some distinct features one can spot, that are present (and often present) only with the particular ethnic group. I am sure you know this too, I just happened to come across many people of these groups...

Edited: Ethnic group or people who have some (close?) ancestors in such a group.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
And so Camellia gets killed again, this time by a very cool 269 dmg crit.

Neat reactivity on my PC being a halfling so far by the way. Only a couple of dialogue options but I get a squad of 27 halfling slingers and they're pretty good too. There's also a nice amount of reactivity regarding your PC's choice of deity.

I also like how it seems that every mythic path has a different equally valid reason to go to Areelu's lab. For lich it was because there was a crystal there that interfered with the ritual, now for angel I'm supposed to go there to bust out Targona. They could've very easily made the mythic paths the same storyline wise and just swap out the mentor figures, with each of them telling you to get the crystal so I commend the devs for actually putting in more effort than that. Looking forward to what the rest has in store. Don't tell me tho pls.

Oh yeah they come up with good ways to make you go there , the way Azata gets to the lab is kinda amusing
The Freedom crusaders are trying locate a place that there's a sorta familiar power to yours so they make a spell to teleport you there but idk if it's going to work or not , but PC is teleported to the lab instead. It's huge foreshadowing that your power might be connected to Areelu.
And for demon , Nocticula actually reveals Areelu's lab and request you to go there so you can discover Areelu's plans and kill her, of course this is just a lie so you can get stronger and be a pawn for them

Humbaba

Arcane
Omg lmao Regill's "inner secret" at the fog at Areelu's lab. What a great character.

What a difference a build and party composition can make. I've been dreading Blackwater for all of act 3 but between my PC's mad burst damage, Soulshear-wielding Sussyel and Ember's slumber I've been having a much easier time. The slumber and deep slumber hexes might as well be finger of death. Not even the purple worm can survive getting slept and hacked to pieces. Still not a pushover though, especially those fucking salamanders, even though I'm like 2 levels higher than I was when I went there on my first playthrough. Looking forward to the encounter at the lava ring.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
ten-legs-of-love.jpg

spidercat-love.jpg

Ten legs. And blue butt.
When I see her walkin' I start howling like a mutt.
I'm battlin' with this rattlin' inside of my heart.
I just hope her temper doesn't split us apart!
But a hard dick can make a woman's heart soft...
and move mountains!
It can move the mountaaaaaaaaains...! ♫
<Short instrumental part>
(Spidercat looooooooove...)
(She might be underneath, but she's a gift... from above!)
(Spidercat looooooooove... ♫)

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
ten-legs-of-love.jpg

spidercat-love.jpg

Ten legs. And blue butt.
and move mountains!
For my spidercat looooooooove...
(She might be underneath but she's gift from above!)
Spidercat looooooooove...
I don't really like how they gave her daddy issues. Also in all likelihood she does not shave.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
ten-legs-of-love.jpg

spidercat-love.jpg

Ten legs. And blue butt.
and move mountains!
For my spidercat looooooooove...
(She might be underneath but she's gift from above!)
Spidercat looooooooove...
I don't really like how they gave her daddy issues.
In all seriousness her romance kind of sucks. From game design point fo view.
You can really feel that her romance was "sticked" to her basic storyline. Romance doesn't influence her "normal" dialogues at all, just slaps a parallel romantic content.
And it doesn't fuckin' work. It results in incoherent character writing and this jarring artificial division of romance/no romance conversations.

Also in all likelihood she does not shave.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can really feel that her romance was "sticked" to her basic storyline. Romance doesn't influence her "normal" dialogues at all, just slaps parallel romantic content.
And it doesn't fucking work. It results in incoherent character writing and this jarring artificial division of storylines.
It means it was written as a separate, self-containing module, which is exactly what someone like me is looking for. If I'm not interested in the romances, I can enjoy the same role-playing experience overall.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Also in all likelihood she does not shave.
As far as I understand, whole Wenduag covered in blue fur. Like a short-haired cat. Or tarantula. She literally has hair everywhere. There is even joke about cat hair in the food in one bunter.
Yep, spidercat girl is the true furry of this game. Not Nenio, who is disgusted at idea of copulation with a player character.

Last edited:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
You can really feel that her romance was "sticked" to her basic storyline. Romance doesn't influence her "normal" dialogues at all, just slaps parallel romantic content.
And it doesn't fucking work. It results in incoherent character writing and this jarring artificial division of storylines.
It means it was written as a separate, self-containing module, which is exactly what someone like me is looking for. If I'm not interested in the romances, I can enjoy the same role-playing experience overall.
You're not making any sense.
You can still just modify her regular dialogues a bit if the romance is active. it's not exactly a ton of work. You don't even have to voice it.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
As far as I understand, whole Wenduag covered in blue far. Like a short-haired cat. Or tarantula. She literally has hair everywhere. There is even joke about cat hair in the food in one bunter.
Yep, spidercat girl is the true furry of this game. Not Nenio, who is disgusted at idea of copulation with a player character.
You were multiclassing monks a few pages back. Now I see you're making jokes. Glad to see our friendship rekindled. :P

Humbaba

Arcane
As far as I understand, whole Wenduag covered in blue far. Like a short-haired cat. Or tarantula. She literally has hair everywhere. There is even joke about cat hair in the food in one bunter.
She doesn't look furry to me. Plus she has normal black hair on her head. I think that "cat hair" was one of the skank's inches long pubes.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Writing in PWotR can be pretty entertaining in many areas, but this one...

"...do you want me to change for you?..."
"...What more can I wish for..."

Let me break this down. Instead of doing what she thinks is right, dealing with the consequences, believing that her friends would do good by her in such moments, thus shaping her character, she asks for laying the responsibility for her actions on someone else. Loosing any possible hold on her character in the first place. After that, the player is reputedly in their good nature for leting themselves slip to such a trap. Wow.

I think yet again that some of the writers of PWotR should tremendously ease on empowering all newly found out genders to bravery by geting on anyone's nerves the every odd day, and instead return to the elementary school to learn what a character values are, and how a healthy relationship is supposed to work.

Humbaba

Arcane
Ok am I retarded or do these overworld spells not work? I click on enemy armies and nothing happens.

Let me break this down. Instead of doing what she thinks is right, dealing with the consequences, believing that her friends would do good by her in such moments, thus shaping her character, she asks for laying the responsibility for her actions on someone else. Loosing any possible hold on her character in the first place. After that, the player is reputedly in their good nature for leting themselves slip to such a trap. Wow.

I think yet again that some of the writers of PWotR should tremendously ease on empowering all newly found out genders to bravery by geting on anyone's nerves the every odd day, and instead return to the elementary school to learn what a character values are, and how a healthy relationship is supposed to work.
It portrays Wenduag as cripplingly insecure, which I suppose some writer found an appealing quality in a woman. Personally I lost all interest in her once it turned out that she wasn't alpha or even sigma but nothing but a beta. Or did anyone pick Wenduag for her looks? Her spider legs don't even work.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
The best part is - if you want her to become a better person you CAN'T reprimand her properly after she stabs two people to death while drunk.
You need to indulge her with a BDSM naughty cat roleplay!!! And then just talk about the event. This is what triggers one of three True Love flags. You don't even have to be mad at her.
Is this bad writing or good writing because...
6878ad7989b70b06cc4150e87292d9cf86254f0d1597ee2bae07b3f92acb9e62.jpg

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
Yea I dont really like her character or story either but what you said doesnt hold if you consider shes a sociopath that worships power.
she doesnt lay responsbilility at player, reads more like a promise of reformation.

map spells I tried worked but you need to click on the army token and not the map node. At least the spell was cast tho I'm not sure they do anything.

tested it, yea they work but death immune vrolikai resisted negative energy blast while getting hit by enervation. so wonky like %90 of crusade.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut

Women being incapable of responsibility sounds realistic.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Saying "I want to change for you", accepting the change, and then not stabbing the one for whom she changed in the back are 3 completely different things.

I guess westerners do not have doublethink at hearts, so it's hard for them to understand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom