Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

purupuru

Learned
6f79fadd4a.jpg
:incline:
What a waste. As far as I know you can
mind break her in one of her endings (she gets mind-broken so hard she receives a -2 to int).

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
A question for local readers.

Alchemist - Incense Synthesizer is the Alchemist archetype home-brewed by Owlcat. They exchange mutagen progression for incenses.

However, they still have Alchemist Discovery Greater Mutagen - which is, like, a mutagen, but better. Is it a bug or a feature? Meaning - will it be patched, or does the archetype work as intended?

jungl

Augur
Balance man sawyer trying to balance this game. His head would explode over stuff like plant domain 1 round enlarge vs community domain double party attack for hour in circle.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Balance man sawyer trying to balance this game. His head would explode over stuff like plant domain 1 round enlarge vs community domain double party attack for hour in circle.

This is why this game is great. Zero concern about balance.

The best games are those who don't care about balance, just like the best countries are those who don't care about equality.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Just found out the hard way that if you toss the perfumed handkerchief out of your inventory in Leper's Smile (even if you pick it up again afterwards), you can't unlock the Trickster dialogue option that lets you ally with Nurah.

I presume this is a bug.

Mauman

Learned

The best games are those who don't care about balance, just like the best countries are those who don't care about equality.

I grew to HATE Pillars (and by extension 2) because of their obsession with "balance" in a single player game. Really sucked the fun out of things and basically took away my will to finish one and I've never picked up 2 because of it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I grew to HATE Pillars (and by extension 2) because of their obsession with "balance" in a single player game. Really sucked the fun out of things and basically took away my will to finish one and I've never picked up 2 because of it.

Consistency of mechanics and lore >>>> Balance. Things doesn't need to be balanced. It means to make sense.

Even in multiplayer games, I rather play with a historically accurate version of a BF 210 in war thunder than play with a balanced version of this plane like is in heroes & generals. In fact, this obsession with balance is what killed mmos IMO. From immersive living breathing worlds into mindless gear farming, cooldown managing games...

I mean... just the fact that you beat the game Iron Man in this buggy mess is worthy of praise. Doesn't matter the time. Okay...

Someone who manages to beat this game in iron man with this bugs is blessed by RNGoddess.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Are you punished for resting in Shield maze? Or you can rest as often as you want?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So, Anivia got me thinking about something.

If he had a magical procedure to turn himself into a woman, but magically preserved some of his semen before the procedure, could the she version of him then be artificially inseminated with his goop?

If that was the case, would she then give birth clones of himself?
"All You Zombies" / Predestination paradoxes notwithstanding, the child of such a union would not actually be a clone of the mother-father. :M

If you open your inventory, notice the Perfumed Hankerchief, and throw it out - you'll remove almost every swarm out of the area without even fighting. Being a worshiper of Norgobrober also helps notice the hankerchief.
Small heads up on this by the way:
If you drop the handkerchief, later on you won't be able to confront Nurah about the perfume bottle due to a bug, even if you find it and even if you pass all the required perception checks.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I mean... just the fact that you beat the game Iron Man in this buggy mess is worthy of praise. Doesn't matter the time. Okay...
For me the glass is half-full, so 3 Iron Man runs means the game does not have critical bugs at least on 3 different paths. Which is (3 / 0) times better than 1.5 month old Kingmaker.

And there was even no patch today!

Seethe

Arbiter

Imbalance is fun.

Last edited:

Pocgels

Scholar
OK, I'm about to start this game, whats the definitive tier list for mythic paths (in terms of content, not power)

Seethe

Arbiter
OK, I'm about to start this game, whats the definitive tier list for mythic paths (in terms of content, not power)

I can confirm that Angel has a lot of reactivity, and a lot of power too. Same with lich, it takes a whole different turn at the end. Azata also has a lot of reactivity, especially thanks to Aivu who has a lot of dialogue written. Apparently Demon is kinda lame in act 3, but fantastic in act 4 in terms of reactivity. I'd say you're fine with either Azata Lich or Angel for your first playthrough, can't go wrong with any of these. Trickster is apparently lamest of the full paths, and Aeon is above it (you have some badass moments though).

The late game paths don't have a lot of reactivity unfortunately. I wish that they made them fully fledged mythic paths and scrapped this dumb crusade mode shit.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
1 - Angel and Demon (poster children of the game, with their ups and downs)
2 - Lich and Azata (may be lacking polish in certain areas, but aren't hungry for content)
3 - Aeon and Trickster (feels like a tertiary concern sometimes but still offer something)
4 - Late Game Paths (the game is over)

Mauman

Learned
If you open your inventory, notice the Perfumed Hankerchief, and throw it out - you'll remove almost every swarm out of the area without even fighting. Being a worshiper of Norgobrober also helps notice the hankerchief.
Small heads up on this by the way:
If you drop the handkerchief, later on you won't be able to confront Nurah about the perfume bottle due to a bug, even if you find it and even if you pass all the required perception checks.

can you
drop the handkerchief, finish the area and then go back and get it?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Azata gives a dragon companion to you and zippy magic and favorable magic. Lich gives a lot of powerful spells. Those are my two favorites.

Mauman

Learned
sm3YUar.jpeg

What....you? Of all people when almost every other companion is telling me to give up my powers, actually supports me?! I...I....might have to reevaluate my opinion on you. :despair:

Azata gives a dragon companion to you and zippy magic and favorable magic. Lich gives a lot of powerful spells. Those are my two favorites.

I think you might like Trickster. You gain the ability to shift EVERY spell you have down one level for you and your companions. This also means that if you can get the spell in your spellbook early (like memorizing a level 9 scroll when you have access to level 8 spells, or if you have an item that adds spells for spontaneous casters) can access said spells one spell level early. It also allows for level 1 spells to be use at will cantrips (and yes, this works now).

Of course, you can combine it with other metamagics. Like making your 3rd level fireball bolstered with no extra level cost. Or bringing quickened spell from 4 levels higher to 3 (or 2 with favored metamagic).

You do have to control yourself though. Right now there's an exploit that allows you to stack metamagics. Normally this doesn't help you....but with this? Ever wanted to cast a level 9 spell as a cantrip? ;)

Though I imagine that bit will be fixed at some point.

Last edited:

Divine Blessing

Scholar
so i chose to not incorporate the standard divine fascist role of any generic Paladin, but to project my RL persona on the scenario.
my approach crashed with the limits of the game. while RL i would have forced an expansion at least of the executive responsibilities of my profession, in game i lost my alignment status, cuz obv iam a (too-) good (-for-Paladin) guy, everyone (good and sane) wants to be friends with...

by the applause of my companions the Fifth Crusade was retitled as Love Parade, bringing back the R to Awe (jaja, unwoke my heart).

Pathfinder 2s aesthetical value is the context of power - abuse, resistance and potential exemplified on the role model story of a grieving mothers despair. love hurts, thats y some refuse to love. but then there r those life-changing moments of truth, when the singular (reasonable) option is to act, cuz no one wants to listen to James Blunts Youre Beautiful for the rest of their miserable life...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom