Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 3 Reload (ex portable thread)

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Hello fellow weebgers. I come merely to ask but one thing: is there any reason to play Persona 3 FES for PS2 over Persona 3 Reload? I only ask because it says that it is a "modern" remaster/remake and I do not know if that means quality of life improvements, casualization, or changing the localization.
Take a look at the list of changes to form your own opinion. I think that the addition of "baton pass" alone makes Reload superior to the original experience.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have been playing P3 Reload. I'm between Boss 1 & 2. I had played P3 FES and Portable on PSP.

I would lie if I told you I didn't enjoy my time in P3 Reload, but it still feels like an inferior experience in everything but presentation. Control over your party members or not is a dilemma down to personal preference, but it added some unpredictability in the original P3 that was part of its charm. The lack of being tired mechanic is also annoying. Not only did it force you in the past to use everyone to maximize your experience in Tartarus, but apparently now I can do shit every evening without being tired the day after ? What ?

I probably won't buy it and keep P3 FES once it leaves game pass.

It's still nice for what it is, I guess.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What is the recommended time to tackle Tartarus? I realize it's probably best to do it all up to the block in one go (that much seems obvious), but should I do it at the start of the month or towards the end?

Start pros: more money for the month

Towards the end pros: better social links for the actual run

is there more to the cost/benefit?

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
What is the recommended time to tackle Tartarus? I realize it's probably best to do it all up to the block in one go (that much seems obvious), but should I do it at the start of the month or towards the end?

Start pros: more money for the month

Towards the end pros: better social links for the actual run

is there more to the cost/benefit?
It doesn't really matter as you rarely have something better to do in the evening and because most social links provide no bonuses. I always did it as soon as a new section was available to get it out of the way. You can also wait until a person goes missing (this usually happens twice in a month) and do everything in one go. That's probably the optimal way to do it if you can conserve enough skill points.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom