Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Persona 6

cruel

Cipher
Bunch of leaks in the last few days, apparently the game will be revealed at the Game Awards and feature a dual protagonist setup:

https://gamerant.com/persona-6-release-window-summer-2025-reveal-game-awards-rumor/

PERSONA 6 INFO THREAD

Let’s start with a release time. As rumored, Persona 6 is targeting a 2025 release date— more specifically, Summer 2025. July if I had to give a guess, if not then August

Post launch DLC is on lock. Lots of customization stuff for party members and both protagonists. Smaller expansions, and I believe a more size able expansion separate from the main, base game

As already heavily reported, the main color is green and the theme is black and white. Duality is a major thing in P6, and the protagonists (Kuro and Shiro) represent this among other things.

On the topic of two protagonists, I don’t believe it is a matter of picking one. One protagonist (male) takes priority over the other. Both have plenty of playtime, but don’t expect choice or an equal amount of playable screentime

The game takes place in an art school. This is where the black/white and duality thing also comes in. lots of modern art and traditional art clashing— one of the center conflicts will be modernity vs tradition

Remember art is subjective! another smaller focus will be on the different mediums there. music, painting, writing, etc. expect this to influence the main cast, too

Game is internally described as “semi-open world.” I would like to imagine that Metaphor influenced this and I’d expect what openness there is to be similar to Metaphor

Social Links are expanded upon massively and feature a lot more interactivity. choices matter quite a bit more, and I believe they’re utilizing some older mechanics alongside the new ones to spice things up :)

Back to the DLC, there is around ~3 years of support planned. The initial expansion pass I don’t believe will cover it all, if the expansion pass still happens, as I’m looking into things more and am unsure of how they’ll go about pricing all of this

Anywho, game is in localization stage. Reveal will be at TGA. will be on most current gen consoles, I’m not counting on Switch 2 at launch personally but we’ll see

Persona 5 released in 2016, so 9 years wait seems reasonable. Not sure how I feel about dual protagonists and 'semi open world' though.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
"Dual protagonists" is code speak for you get to choose between a nigger and a tranny. I actually don't expect the Japanese to stoop that low but these days who knows.

Falksi

Arcane
it needs freshening up tbf. I love Persona 3 through 5, but if they don't shake the format up slightly, it will start to feel stale.

"Semi-Open World" is fine for me, hopefully by this they just mean old-school 90's JRPs structuring, like Phantasy Star 1. I'll take that.

Elttharion

Learned
Bunch of leaks in the last few days, apparently the game will be revealed at the Game Awards and feature a dual protagonist setup:

https://gamerant.com/persona-6-release-window-summer-2025-reveal-game-awards-rumor/

PERSONA 6 INFO THREAD

Let’s start with a release time. As rumored, Persona 6 is targeting a 2025 release date— more specifically, Summer 2025. July if I had to give a guess, if not then August

Post launch DLC is on lock. Lots of customization stuff for party members and both protagonists. Smaller expansions, and I believe a more size able expansion separate from the main, base game

As already heavily reported, the main color is green and the theme is black and white. Duality is a major thing in P6, and the protagonists (Kuro and Shiro) represent this among other things.

On the topic of two protagonists, I don’t believe it is a matter of picking one. One protagonist (male) takes priority over the other. Both have plenty of playtime, but don’t expect choice or an equal amount of playable screentime

The game takes place in an art school. This is where the black/white and duality thing also comes in. lots of modern art and traditional art clashing— one of the center conflicts will be modernity vs tradition

Remember art is subjective! another smaller focus will be on the different mediums there. music, painting, writing, etc. expect this to influence the main cast, too

Game is internally described as “semi-open world.” I would like to imagine that Metaphor influenced this and I’d expect what openness there is to be similar to Metaphor

Social Links are expanded upon massively and feature a lot more interactivity. choices matter quite a bit more, and I believe they’re utilizing some older mechanics alongside the new ones to spice things up :)

Back to the DLC, there is around ~3 years of support planned. The initial expansion pass I don’t believe will cover it all, if the expansion pass still happens, as I’m looking into things more and am unsure of how they’ll go about pricing all of this

Anywho, game is in localization stage. Reveal will be at TGA. will be on most current gen consoles, I’m not counting on Switch 2 at launch personally but we’ll see
Dual protagonists, one of them is female
Art school setting
one of the center conflicts will be modernity vs tradition
Considering modern Atlus, current year lolcowlizers and the persona fanbase those are some really big red flags.

Machocruz

Arcane
it needs freshening up tbf. I love Persona 3 through 5, but if they don't shake the format up slightly, it will start to feel stale.

"Semi-Open World" is fine for me, hopefully by this they just mean old-school 90's JRPs structuring, like Phantasy Star 1. I'll take that.
Agree. I think this current style of Persona has been around longer than the previous at this point, certainly a game longer. But developers by and large dropped the mentality of changing things up during the 360/PS3 generation and now just stick with the current/latest thing they did then, with some exceptions of course.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom