Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pete Hines critical of Oblivion

Deleted member 7219

Zinc said:
Raapys said:
quest compass, pop-up messages

The Witcher had these, and I didn't see anyone crying about them then.

Liar. TW's compass only showed on screen if you ticked the option in the journal, by default it was off. And the 'pop-up messages' only read Quest Updated and you didn't need to click anything to get rid of them, they only showed at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds and not dead-center like Oblivion's.

Get your facts right next time you slag off The Witcher, there are things wrong about the game you can easily pick up on without having to lie about other things.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I only really saw the Compass for very very specific things her and there it never became the hand holding of Oblivion and Bioshock.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I actually love the quest compass and fast travel in Oblivion. Without them, I'd have given up a long, long time ago but with them, I can spam the main quest like there's no tomorrow. Head back to Kvatch you say? Need help for Bruma. FAST TRAVEL SPAM. 2 lines of Dialogue. Done. Head to Chorrol? INSTA-DONE. Close another Oblivion Gate that's opened right outside, just like the other major cities because the designers can't think of anything better and ignoring the fact I've already helped your town out so much? Sure, no problem. SPAM TRAVEL TO GATE. RUN THROUGH, IGNORING ATTACKS BY ALL ENEMIES, KEEP SPAM CASTING HEAL SPELL, GRAB STONE. GATE CLOSED.

It's like I'm in a sprint race to get to the end before I bore myself to tears.

Herbert West

Arbiter
DarkUnderlord said:
(...) SPAM TRAVEL TO GATE. RUN THROUGH, IGNORING ATTACKS BY ALL ENEMIES, KEEP SPAM CASTING HEAL SPELL, GRAB STONE. GATE CLOSED (...)

Invisibility and Chameleon 100% here :cool: I didn't use fast travel nor the tard-arrow. I was really trying to have fun but failed.

DraQ

Arcane
Herbert West said:
Invisibility and Chameleon 100% here :cool: I didn't use fast travel nor the tard-arrow. I was really trying to have fun but failed.
They should have included DIY: Lobotomy kit, it'd have made enjoying oblibians easier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom