Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Petition to restore Lemming42's ability to use buttons

Should Lemming42's ability to use buttons be restored?

• Yes, he has suffered long enough!

• NO MERCY! Let him rot until the end of times!!!1!

• I don't give a fuck! (kc)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phos

Honored admins of the Codex DarkUnderlord Taluntain Crooked Bee VentilatorOfDoom Infinitron!

A long, long time ago, Lemming42 committed a heinous crime: He participated in an underground brofist harvesting ring. For this, his ability to use buttons was taken away - a very just and wise punishment, no doubt!

However, I believe there are good reasons to finally end his punishment, o great and mighty admins of the Codex:

One, Lemming42 has expressed guilt and regret over this incident on many occasions in the past. Clearly, he has learned his lesson and will never be stupid enough to get caught again participate again in any illegal activities in the future.

Two, this crime happened seven years ago - I'd say he has served enough time to atone for his actions. At the very least, Lemming42 has suffered long enough, imho.

Three, Lemming42 is objectively one of the best contributors of the Codex - restoring his ability to rate posts would only increase his value as a user and therefore the value of the Codex.

Thank you for your patience! I humbly await your verdict, o wise and omniscient admins of the Codex!

Semiurge

Cipher
I voted no. He said things about Def Leppard that I will not utter again here. That, and do we really need a specific reason to punish limeys?

Lemming42

Arcane
There are so many buttons now that I'd need a rehabilitation course, or I'll end up like that guy in The Shitshank Redemption who leaves the jail and immediately hangs himself after being unable to readjust.

I was really impressed that my brofisting ban transferred over to the new site. Just about everything went wrong in the transition, basic readability and functionality completely collapsed, but my punishment was pristinely unaffected.

The most galling part of this whole scandal is that I actually did win my brofisting ability back by completing an agreed-upon challenge (becoming a professional games journalist) but my success was ignored. I don't have any ill will towards the Codex staff over this, because it's like the scorpion and the frog. Duplicity is in their nature.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
So, unless you think seven years are not enough, like @JamesDixon does, you should vote YES. Thank you for your time, esteemed gentlemen of the Codex!

Way to go in misrepresenting what I said. I said he needs to play Star Sable for 8 hours and stream it. That's when he can get it back. I think that's a rather fair punishment don't you?

LJ40

Cipher
The most galling part of this whole scandal is that I actually did win my brofisting ability back by completing an agreed-upon challenge (becoming a professional games journalist) but my success was ignored. I don't have any ill will towards the Codex staff over this, because it's like the scorpion and the frog. Duplicity is in their nature.
Dude, you wrote one user review and put "Freelance Gaming Journalist" in your Twitter profile. That's a few hundred steps away from being a professional anything.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
There are so many buttons now that I'd need a rehabilitation course, or I'll end up like that guy in The Shitshank Redemption who leaves the jail and immediately hangs himself after being unable to readjust.

I was really impressed that my brofisting ban transferred over to the new site. Just about everything went wrong in the transition, basic readability and functionality completely collapsed, but my punishment was pristinely unaffected.

Truth be told, I never noticed that thread again. You guys should probably tag me when you finish punishments or something idk.

Zeriel

Arcane
You bastard... give it back... my special burden...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom