Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
The rope comes easily enough (provided you stop pulling before all of the slack is taken out).

nikolokolus

Arcane
The rope seems to be affixed to a point on the surface of the portal as you saw it up and down; it comes through, but doesn't appear to move across or back through.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr pulls out Ghul's mirror and checks out the shimmering doorway's reflection.

nikolokolus

Arcane
A reflection of a reflection of a reflection of the hand mirror pops up in its frame, stretching on towards infinity.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Looks to be a one way trip." Hoping one of the Kelts is watching, Rhenmyr signals for them to come through. If that doesn't work, he'll pull as much rope as possible through the doorway.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Hmm... nah, end of the world and all that. We're free to leave I suppose, but I believe you'll have to spend a great deal figuring out the 'how'" Marcán says plainly. "I'm in favor of getting trapped by a magic portal. Anyone else?"

Siveon

Bot
He's waiting for everyone to respond before he jumps into the damn portal. He can't exactly leave his Keltic brothers behind.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Bloody Kelts can't take a hint." Rhenmyr abandons the rope and doorway does a more thorough search of the immediate vicinity.

nikolokolus

Arcane
As Marcán, Ker and Cormac dither and stare at the shimmering portal (and their companion Rhenmyr frantically trying to get their attention on the other side) you all begin to note a subtle change in the character of the magical gateway, it seems to have lost a bit of its luster, dimming ever so slightly and turning a bit more opaque. Whatever force is powering the door and keeping the way open appears to be fading.

Meanwhile, Rhenmyr continues to walk around the top of the grassy knoll. Walking up the hill a short way leads to the broad shallow peak about fifty feet above the ring of cromlechs, From this vista look down and note the trails that climb out of the shallow notch down the hill. Three dome-shaped mounds roughly the same height and size as the one you are currently are visible on the high moor to the north in crescent shaped arc with your current position being the southernmost. Atop these mounds that rise several hundred feet you spy dolmens arranged in a similar pattern to the one's below you; if their sizes are comparable you'd guess that the hills are each about a 1/2 mile apart from one another.

The unimpeded view from the top of the barrow gives you a clearer view of the forest valley that spreads south of the high moors. A creek or river several miles southeast of you appears to drop out of the moor and into the woods. You aren't fully certain but it almost looks like a bit of smoke is rising from that direction near the forest's edge.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
I will laugh my ass off you guys get trapped in there, have to resort to cannibalism, and then die anyway.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Here's the deal I just need one of Siveon or Helly to tell me what their character is doing. Since Llywelyn ap Gruffydd seem to be MIA, if you tell me that Marcan or Ker goes through (or refuses and wants to stay in the chamber and try to find some other way out) then I'll let that be the answer for Cormac. I won't make your characters do anything.

I like to leave choices up to you guys and I'm prepared for whatever you throw at me, but unfortunately this particular point in the adventure is a more of a hallway than a fork in the road at the moment, but that's likely to change very soon.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"Er...Is the portal starting to disappear on us? Well I guess we have no choice bros, let's get in. To the portal!"
Ker bravely jump into the shimmering portal.

Siveon

Bot
Marcán raises an eyebrow. "Oh, alright then." He walks in after Ker while motioning for Cormac.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ker, Márcan and Cormac watch as Rhenmyr gives up with the rope and wanders off out of their field of view. Steeling their courage, one by one they pass through the portal and find themselves deposited on a windy and cold hillock. Sparing a glance backward the portal continues to dim and begins to "flicker" - there and not there a moment later. This dimming and flickering persists for several minutes until it finally winks out of existence. Your wavery reflections are replaced with a view through the cromlech of standing stones and you see Rhenmyr trudging up the short hike to the peak of the hill.

Unfortunately, nobody remembered to untie and collect the rope from the bier inside Koren Ghul's chamber and the two ropes you had knotted together are now severed where the portal had once been (somebody needs to mark off on their character sheet that they don't have a 50' length of rope anymore).

Siveon

Bot
Marcán shouts out to Rhenmyr "Ey you Stygian git!" and waves an arm over his head. "The hell is the barbarian?" he says in a lower voice, looking around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom