Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Played a game of Homm3 today

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Against 3 computers. It was very easy (not the difficulty). I played as Necropolis and found myself at home, since it's very similar to the Necropolis of HoMM5. My final score was 216. When you guys play, what's your average score?

I also tried HoMMV on Hard. I got killed. I defeated an about-equal army, then two days later an even more massive, fully-upgraded army rolls in and crushes me, since I don't have a lot of soldiers left. What's up with that, does the computer get bonus troops on Hard or something?

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Please, I know that Tcancer is the strategy place to be but this really belongs in General Strategy Gaming. Someday we'll get saint to let us put GSG in the Tcancer section but until now keep the strategy stuff to the y'know, strategy forum.

As for the OT, yeah, the difficulty really ramps up at times especially in the scenarios. I've yet to complete one so I can't really give you my score suffice to say I got raped every time.

Necaradan666

Novice
The computer cheats horrendously before patch 1.2 and moderately afterwards.

I never really look at what score I get but they don't really reflect the way I play anyway. The score goes up the less time it takes to complete the level but I usually like to explore the whole map and make sure I own all mines before finishing off the enemy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom