Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

playing Gothic 3 is just painful

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I still wonder why the game became unplayable after I put in 2 extra GBs of RAM. (And yes, I had patched it up properly.) The result is that I've never finished it, because I'm not going to remove the memory sticks every time I want to play.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
jaylittle said:
The best way around this is to use arrows and bolts. But if you play long enough you'll soon find that you can run out of these things as apparently nobody makes more of these things throughout the entire world. Of course then there is magic, which can be regenerated by resting or drinking a potion, but eventually the world can run out of potions, forcing you to rest whenever your mana needs to be regenerated.
anged that you care about so you give up for good (what I did the third time around).
Ammo respawns on certain traders, mainly hunters and there is a Mana Regen skill which makes the game very easy esp if you build your char towards it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Blasphemy. Go and play G 1 and 2 before you judge."

Your assumption is retarded.

Deleted member 7219

Gothic 3 seems to get more and more unplayable the better your system is.

First played it on a 6800GT, 1gb RAM, when it first came out (without community patches). It was rather slow and buggy, but still playable.

Next, 7950GT 512mb, 2gb RAM... started to get really slow, like a slideshow in some parts, the FPS just hit rock bottom.

Now, 8800GT.... completely unplayable. Just so, so laggy. I've put the game back on the shelf, and I don't expect to play it again unless the community patch team work miracles.

By the way, if your computer does run it ok (and it is a kind of lottery whether it does or not) Gothic 3 is a rather good game. There are choices throughout, mostly on who you decide to side with, but some of the quests do have alternate paths. The gameworld itself is very well designed, great art direction, and the soundtrack is nice too. There's lots to do and there's a big game world to explore, ranging from desert, to forests, to snowy mountains.

The only weak points, for me, were the combat and the performance. But even the combat is forgiveable once you get high level, because you can kill pretty much everything in one or two hits. Until you reach that, however, expect to die a lot from stunlock and bugs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom