Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Playing Two Worlds 2 for the first time

Which would you recommend?

• GoG 2.0.6 unmodded

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • GoG 2.0.6 WorldMerger

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • GoG 1.3.7 unmodded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GoG 1.3.7 WorldMerger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ravielsk

Magister
So I recently decided to finally try playing Two worlds 2 but considering all the fuckery around its many versions I wanted to ask what would be the best way to play it. Should I go with the unmodded 2.0.6 GoG version, the world merger with 2.0.6 or downgrade to 1.3.7 and play that instead?

Also are the echoes of dark past even worth getting? They are on sale right now so I am curious about that too.

Last edited:

BarãodoDesterro

Educated
For some strange reason, a sealed “PS Move Bundle” copy I bought ten years ago had “Two Worlds II” instead of “EyePet”.

I stopped playing after 5 minutes when I discovered I could not create a red haired avatar.

PanickedTushkano

Educated
I didn't have any issues with the steam-version.

Just a warning: The magic system is pretty good, but takes a while to get going. It requires quite a bit of gold and willpower (or whatever the magic stat was).

Melee seemed fun enough as well though. What little I tried at least.

Falksi

Arcane
No amount of modding can fix that trashy shit dude, Shirely?

I only played the vanilla original, and it was a laugh to fuck about with, but as an actual game to play? Nah.

It was the equivalent of putting a towel around my neck and running round with a stick pretending to be a wizard when I was a kid.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I kinda enjoyed it back when it came out but the first area of the game is the best, all the later ones feel way too linear and light on content.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I kinda enjoyed it back when it came out but the first area of the game is the best, all the later ones feel way too linear and light on content.

Yeah I remember 90% of the final map is not used in sp campaign at all and is exclusive to the multiplayer mode. You basically can't reach it.

Ravielsk

Magister
Yeah I remember 90% of the final map is not used in sp campaign at all and is exclusive to the multiplayer mode. You basically can't reach it.
I think the worldmerge mod fixes that by re-incorporating those multiplayer maps into the single-player mode.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think the worldmerge mod fixes that by re-incorporating those multiplayer maps into the single-player mode.

Ok, they may have made this landmass available to sp campaign, but what about the content? I doubt they invented entire questlines to make these areas interesting and not just big combat arena.

Ravielsk

Magister
Tried the worldmerge mod but couldn't get female character creation to work. Sad!
I actually played around with it and to get the female character working you need to downgrade the game to 1.3.7 otherwise it will not show up and you also need to properly match the body and face as some of the options are just NPC heads and bodies. It does not look that great and considering the content you have to pass on I am inclined to say it might not be worth it.
Ok, they may have made this landmass available to sp campaign, but what about the content? I doubt they invented entire questlines to make these areas interesting and not just big combat arena.
No idea, that is why I started this thread to maybe get the opinion of someone who tried it.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was kind of thinking about playing this, but now I don't know. Why would these retards divide all the content up into separate episodes?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Well I'm already facing a serious problem. I either use Worldmerge so I can have more content that may or may not be any good and whatever dumb shit the modder decided to change for reasons. I also get to put up with ridiculous animations and jerky camera for conversations because even more reasons. Or I play the normal game and deal with the main character suffering form dwarfism because I can't adjust his arm length.
Or I just say "fuck it" and find something else to play.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You basically play the multiplayer campaign solo, if I recall right.
Music's not bad either.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Seems like the mod changes a lot of junk. While it would be nice to have a non mutant looking hero and more stuff linked together I think I'll play vanilla to know what I'm getting into. I just wish there were some way to fix this dudes arms or even customize the character more. I guess the extra customization options are merged into the worldmerge mod, but I can't find an individual version of it anywhere.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
So I recently decided to finally try playing Two worlds 2 but considering all the fuckery around its many versions I wanted to ask what would be the best way to play it. Should I go with the unmodded 2.0.6 GoG version, the world merger with 2.0.6 or downgrade to 1.3.7 and play that instead?

Also are the echoes of dark past even worth getting? They are on sale right now so I am curious about that too.
You are gay

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom