Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

please convince me to play fallout 2

larpingdude18

Educated
i barely finished fallout 1 with a walkthrough at hand
is fallout 2 a better game?

Not better, but still good. It's a bit longer, and has a lot of pop culture references, that aside it is true to the first game. One of the main differences is that since there are a lot more towns there are also a lot more filler Npc's with nothing to say, with both good and the bad that it entails.
All in all if you liked the first game you should definitely play it, since that is all the additional fallout there is, and all that there is likely to ever be.

Exmit

Scholar
fallout with a walkthrough ?

because going to city A ------- > city B -------- city C --------> needs a walkthrough

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Play it with killap's restoration project.
Don't worry, the added areas have a walkthrough too somewhere on the net :lol:

Silellak

Cipher
No. Play Wasteland instead.

Disclaimer: I've never actually played Wasteland before, so I don't know if it's actually a good game...that just seemed like a properly Codexian thing to say. Did...did I do good, guys?

Silellak said:

Disclaimer: I've never actually played Wasteland before, so I don't know if it's actually a good game...that just seemed like a properly Codexian thing to say. Did...did I do good, guys?

You did great. I've never played it either.

DraQ

Arcane
Multidirectional said:
Silellak said:

Popamole poseur faggots!

Not that I've ever played it myself, TBH.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DraQ said:
Multidirectional said:
Silellak said:

Popamole poseur faggots!

I've tried it out for an hour. Does that make me a better person than all of you?

Raapys

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
DraQ said:
Multidirectional said:
Silellak said:

Popamole poseur faggots!

I've tried it out for an hour. Does that make me a better person than all of you?
I actually played it for 3-4 hours or so. Seem to remember the UI being a bitch though, and eventually managed to get myself into a spot I couldn't get out of. Anyone played through the whole thing?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
JarlFrank said:
DraQ said:
Multidirectional said:
Silellak said:

Popamole poseur faggots!

I actually finished it :smug:

Do NOT ask me to remember details though... it was a fucking long time ago and I never replayed it.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
DraQ said:
Multidirectional said:
Silellak said:

Popamole poseur faggots!

Still a fag, sorry.

pero

Novice
What was it that almost stopped you completing the first one? The differences are mostly cosmetic/thematic, so if the gameplay is the problem I doubt you'll find yourself drastically preferring one to the other.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
pero said:
What was it that almost stopped you completing the first one? The differences are mostly cosmetic/thematic, so if the gameplay is the problem I doubt you'll find yourself drastically preferring one to the other.

trilogy.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

Big Nick Digger said:
If you needed a walkthrough for the first Fallout then Fallout 2 will make your head spin.
I didn't need a walkthrough for the original and it still made my head spin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom