Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PoE is garbage

Do you like PoE?

• Yes I am a fag

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • No I'm a sensible cultured gentleman

Votes: 26 72.2%

• Total voters

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

look at that impressive puddle of puke:

passivetree2-519x506.jpg

big-pile-of-shit-jurassic-park.gif

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Add an option:
> I did a long time ago. It was very good for a diablo2-clone - at the time. It might be shit now even in this shit subgenre. I don't know, I don't care. The whole sub-genre is shit anyway as far as gameplay goes. I am a gameplayfag.

Basically, who cares if PoE is on top or at the bottom of this:

big-pile-of-shit-jurassic-park.gif

Edit: "The impressive puddle of puke" was, again - at the time, less "impressive" but also less "puke-ey". It was a somewhat fresh idea in the subgenre. Also fun (for fags of appropriate game-kind) to play with. Other people copy builds so it doesn't matter anyway.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I never really enjoyed the first one, but I did like the expansion (White March).

Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire + expansions are good if you approach them with the right mindset.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
The skill tree is an abomination, but that's not the really damning part of PoE. It was designed for the most degenerate of Diablo 2 players, the people who spend all day doing Baal runs hoping for 0.0001% drops. Everything about PoE is a grind so that you can progress to the next grind. Nobody is actually playing the game for the sake of enjoying a video game. It's all about clear speed and drop rates.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Add an option:
> I did a long time ago. It was very good for a diablo2-clone - at the time. It might be shit now even in this shit subgenre. I don't know, I don't care. The whole sub-genre is shit anyway as far as gameplay goes. I am a gameplayfag.

I feel the hatred towards Diablo 4 here has been unwarranted as I've said in past videos so I felt it was necessary to redirect that hatred towards something far more deserving. This is constructive criticism.

I never really enjoyed the first one, but I did like the expansion (White March).

Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire + expansions are good if you approach them with the right mindset.

I should have seen this joke coming. We're talking about Path of Exile. A turd that gets heaps of praise here for doing the same shit that D4 gets destroyed for (but PoE does everything worse).

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Add an option:

I feel the hatred towards Diablo 4 here has been unwarranted as I've said in past videos so I felt it was necessary to redirect that hatred towards something far more deserving. This is constructive criticism.

I should have seen this joke coming. We're talking about Path of Exile. A turd that gets heaps of praise here for doing the same shit that D4 gets destroyed for (but PoE does everything worse).

Oh.

I played Path of the Exile with some Diablo-loving friends, I didn't really like it.

somerandomdude

Learned
Diablo 4 is $80-$100 if you want to consume it now, while PoE is free to play. But go right ahead and pay $80-$100 for a steaming pile of triceratops shit.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Add an option:

I was talking about D2 and PoE as it was closer to its beginnings. I don't care about D4. I abandoned this stupid, worthless, time-eating subgenre half dozen of years ago for good. Haven't played a D2-clone since then and don't intend to. I stand by my big shit comparison.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Diablo 4 is $80-$100 if you want to consume it now, while PoE is free to play. But go right ahead and pay $80-$100 for a steaming pile of triceratops shit.
There's an old saying, "you get what you paid for". That rings true here. Diablo, whether you like it or not, is the peak of it's subgenre. You can't get any better, and you pay a premium for the best. That's how the world works. PoE is "free" and you get what you paid for. You actually get worse than nothing by playing PoE.

somerandomdude

Learned
There's an old saying, "you get what you paid for". That rings true here. Diablo, whether you like it or not, is the peak of it's subgenre. You can't get any better, and you pay a premium for the best. That's how the world works. PoE is "free" and you get what you paid for. You actually get worse than nothing by playing PoE.
I played the D4 beta with an open mind, with few expectations, they didn't sell me on it, and I generally like games in this genre. The problem is, it's too simple, it's a title that carries the hype of "Diablo" that pulls people in who don't otherwise touch this genre, and the way the game is designed makes it clear they're appealing to that crowd. You're case and point. I get that a lot of people aren't into the whole theorycrafting and min-maxing shit, and they're just looking for an action beat em up that lets them tweak some gear and skills around in a rudimentary fashion.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If you like Diabloesque games and can't into D4 then I don't know what to make of you. It's like wiping your ass before you shit. That is you as a person. What am I supposed to say to you?

somerandomdude

Learned
There's nothing out of the box you can do with builds in D4. Also, I wish mob packs were a lot thicker, there's too few stuff to kill, and too much walking around in between small packs. I like killing crap tons of stuff.

Builds and itemization wise, it's pretty much the same as D3. Yet they somehow made the action part of it even less fun than D3. D3 is a better beat-em-up than D4 is, IMO, if you're just looking for a game in this genre that's dumb fun and doesn't require an ounce of brain cells.

somerandomdude

Learned
Also, I wish mob packs were a lot thicker, there's too few stuff to kill, and too much walking around in between small packs. I like killing crap tons of stuff.
Yeah, nothing you say makes sense. I take two steps and there's combat.
Bro, I played the beta, I'd enter a dungeon, and there would be 5 mobs in a room, and then I'd need to move 2 more rooms to find another 5, and the odd room had an ok sized pack with 10-15 in it. Out on the overworld with the exception of some of the bonus challenge spots where you'd have to fight waves, the packs were really thin.

Are you dude who goes to a steak house and gets a faggy 6oz steak, or do you prefer to get the Tbone steak and eat like a man? I prefer man sized helpings, in food and in mob density in my ARPGs. D4 is like ordering a faggy 6oz steak.

They could at least buff the mob density for WT2, for added challenge and more exp and drops for "men who play the game".

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
I remember sinking some hours in with my friend until it became a matter of him literally spinning like a gay turboprop across the map pressing 1 over and over again as he cleared enemies from screen to screen and this was apparently cutting edge ARPG gameplay.

Radiane

Cipher

View attachment 36885
don't know what you have? looks quite intriguing, like a masterfully crafted piece of an oriental carpet or something similar. Haven't played PoE, but would if i had the time maybe. I'm sure it's not even half as bad as you make it to

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

View attachment 36885
don't know what you have? looks quite intriguing, like a masterfully crafted piece of an oriental carpet or something similar. Haven't played PoE, but would if i had the time maybe. I'm sure it's not even half as bad as you make it to
That was the laziest halfhearted bashing I could have possibly given. It would take days to describe how truly abysmal that game is.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you like Diabloesque games and can't into D4 then I don't know what to make of you. It's like wiping your ass before you shit. That is you as a person. What am I supposed to say to you?
You are really really trying to justify lighting that 100$ on fire by buying D3.5 LOL

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Path of Exile sucks and I genuinely think a large part of it's popularity is owed to it's dark graphics after the Diablo III fiasco. I think Diablo IV is a slightly better game, but it's also a 100 dollar game that tries to nickel and dime you anyway. Grim Dawn is better than both, although I'm not a big Diablo-clone fan in general.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Path of Exile sucks and I genuinely think a large part of it's popularity is owed to it's dark graphics after the Diablo III fiasco. I think Diablo IV is a slightly better game, but it's also a 100 dollar game that tries to nickel and dime you anyway. Grim Dawn is better than both, although I'm not a big Diablo-clone fan in general.
"Slightly better" is being very modest. D4 uses common sense game design which puts it in an entirely different stratosphere of quality. I joke around alot but I wasn't joking when I said PoE is one of the worst things I've ever seen. There was no exaggeration.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
POE is miles miles better then D3. OP is garbage.

Skill tree too big brain too small.

Imagine a moment when people on the dex cry about complexity in a game

Please dumb down my game to diablo 4 where choiches hardly matter and all the items are basically the same bland shit +% damage

Pinacle of decline :decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom