Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Possible LP of Cosmology of Kyoto

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Greetings.

After reading so many good LP threads I feel somewhat compelled to start my own. As far as I can see there is none about this rare gem on this board, so it would be a good candidate.
I have some doubts though:

- it would be my first LP ever
- I never actually finished the game (played about 2/3 of it)

Anyways here an overview of the game: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/2.09/streetcred.html

It's basically a point and click adventure with static screens but no avatar - like myst or others.

If you have a few advices for a first LP , I'd be glad to read them. Like formatting or upload sites.

Ciao.

PS: I just realized there is the Playground subforum, where this might belong. If so, please move it there.

Yes please do, this game is fantastic, a very creepy atmosphere. Just make a photobucket account for the image hosting and I think some people write it out in a text file manually doing the

dragonfk

Erudite
If you'll decide to make a LP out of this game I will definitely follow it. So by all means do.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Another obscure adventure game ? Oh yes, do the LP.

As for tips, what Satori said and try to maintain a balance between text and images. Also I'd say that a good x-resolution for the images would be something between 500-640 pixels. Photobucket can make resizes.

Mackerel

Augur
Nice, this game was really interesting to me when I played it. I only got about a third of the way into it before being distracted by another game, and I always wanted to go back to it sometime.

You can use IRfanView to do capturing, batch resizing, and format conversions. Use photobucket's bulk upload, or use Rightload to mass upload to a few other sites.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Imageshack allows batch uploading too and they are not nearly as picky about bandwidth. I'm using them for my LP's with grreat success. If you upload batch, you can easily copy&paste every link at once, instead of doing them one-by-one.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I was finally able to get the game running and muster enough willpower to start the LP. But I have run into a problem I have not been able to resolve.

It seems to be impossible to create identical screenshots. The shots I took with various programs, methods or settings show distorted colours. The game itself has to be run in 256 colour mode, which is of course the reason for this.

If anyone has an idea how to solve this matter, I'd be very happy to read about it.

DriacKin said:
Wut's this game about?
You're a guy in Heian Japan who meets other inhabitants of Kyoto, robbers and demons which inevitably leads to your death and depending on how you've conducted your life, various states of reincarnation. It's pretty out there, definately worth a look.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I aquired this game a minute ago, but it needs to be played in 256 colors mode, which my monitor is unable to produce because I'm on a laptop with Intel card. Any ideas on how to force it to run?

spekkio

Arcane
If this laptop is powerful enough, you can try VirtualPC plus Win 3.11 installation or DosBox+Win3.11 combo... Does the game require Win95?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
DosBox+Win3.11 combo is probably the best solution, although all those 3.11 games are seriously fucked up when it comes to compatibilities.

Erebus

Arcane
I remember giving it a try a few years ago. It was pretty original, but I didn't get very far. I'd be very interested in a LP !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom