Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post-Apocalyptic goodness for the Poles, with pics for all

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
gry.o2.pl, which is, in my opinion, a weird name for a gaming site [although there are few Polish words that don't seem weird to me], have made an interview with one of the guys responsible for <A HREF="http://www.afterfall.pl">Afterfall</A> and it looks damn interesting, mainly because it's long. Also, it has some beautiful eye-candy that all of us can behold in wonder, even if we can't read the text.

Just look <A HREF="http://gry.o2.pl/publicystyka/?co=pokaz&id=215">here</A> to read it [or to look at the nice colorful pictures].
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://gry.o2.pl/publicystyka/?co=pokaz&id=215">gry.o2.pl</A>

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I remember this interview. It was supposed to be translated to English but that never happened. Shame.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
JarlFrank said:
Also, it has some beautiful eye-candy that all of us can behold in wonder, even if we can't read the text.
Afterfall_w_gr_03.jpg

Indeed.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
I can't read or understand Polish, but the screenshots and the concept look really, really nice.

Oh, and JarlFrank, the first link to Afterfall isn't working.

Edit: Working now.

MountainWest

Scholar
Doesn't Monolith know polish? Mayhap he can give us a summary if not a translation.

Heh, they've got Eddie from Iron Maiden as an adversary. Lawsuit coming up.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Have they resolved their funding problems yet? Last I heard they were saying if they didn't get a sponsor they wouldn't be able to release a demo and were doing retarded gimmicks like offering in-game advertising space.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Jedi_Learner said:
I can't read or understand Polish, but the screenshots and the concept look really, really nice.

Oh, and JarlFrank, the first link to Afterfall isn't working.

Edit: Working now.

Fixed it.

Texas Red

Whiner
I like it how only men are mutated. But you cant have any concept art without big-boobed whores, can you now?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
The Walkin' Dude said:
I like it how only men are mutated. But you cant have any concept art without big-boobed whores, can you now?

Women could have a mutation that makes their tits repel all kinds of textiles so they can't wear any clothes. This would be so next-gen.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Lestat said:

I got hoes... yeah!

---

That site is all polish, can't understand a thing but the in-game screenshots look pretty good. Anyone have any details on this game?

P.S.: JarlFrank, I like where you're head's at. :D

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
fastpunk said:
That site is all polish, can't understand a thing but the in-game screenshots look pretty good. Anyone have any details on this game?

P.S.: JarlFrank, I like where you're head's at. :D

Well, the official Afterfall site is also available in English. Just check the top right corner and click the british flag there.

Or just follow this link: http://www.afterfall.pl/index/en

dagorkan

Arbiter
As always this game if it ever materializes looks too good to be true.

You should do an interview with them and get more details. Why not even do a Q&A or something on the Codex. Don't know if there already has been one (can't remember one) but I think it is of more interest to more Codexers than most of the games you post news about.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
dagorkan said:
As always this game if it ever materializes looks too good to be true.

You should do an interview with them and get more details. Why not even do a Q&A or something on the Codex. Don't know if there already has been one (can't remember one) but I think it is of more interest to more Codexers than most of the games you post news about.

Sounds good. I could try to arrange an interview or something, and maybe even ask questions that you guys want to hear about.

fastpunk

Arbiter
JarlFrank said:
Just check the top right corner and click the british flag there.

:picard:

Sorry 'bout that.

Anyway, the game sounds interesting. Some of the writing on the site about the story and the Afterfall world is pretty solid:

What they found on the new Earth was a caricature of paradise, a filthy, degenerate child born of a misalliance between the Atomic Bomb and Human Vanity. The planets climate changed entirely. From the icy wastes of the east, through the swamps of the north, to the dry, barren deserts of the west all of it could be described with just one word: Despair.

Sounds good.

edit: We could make a thread with some questions for the interview so we can select the best ones. I know I'd have some questions for the developers and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Durwyn

Prophet
Actually Afterfall needs luv... They are actually making techdemo and looking for publisher... too bad that you can't read their polish forum... There's plenty of disscusions about game design and systems there, that would make every RPG lover get a wet boner. At the moment the disscusion is about magazines and weapon upgrade systems. Complexity of system presented by devs in this disscusion can fuck your mind up... Maybe it sounds like I'm praising AF like second coming of christ, hovewer i'm cautiously optimistic about this project... They didn't showed us much of actuall progress so all the complex and uber systems can turn into shit... Will see... Interview/Q&A is a nice idea and surely will help those guys...

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
dagorkan said:

I second that.

The game undoubtfully has huge potential and is worth keeping an eye on...

Globbi

Augur
dagorkan said:

Some months ago there was such Q&A done by AF devs, there was a topic here on codex, on NMA and on polish AF forum. The interest here was near none and only questions were something like "how can you assure us this game will be good". Anyway check the big AF FAQ on it's homepage, there is a nice donwloadable PDF version with pictures. It's very long and interesting.

dagorkan

Arbiter
I already read it when it wasn't in pdf format (which sucks, why people use pdfs just to convey some basic information)?

Durwyn

Prophet
@ Globbi:
PDF Faq sucks donkey balls. There isn't better way to get some interest in game than actuall interview, not some dev made questions for themselves. The whole thing about it is to ask that kind of questions that devs don't even thought of. This is especially possible at codex..

We need some AF devs on codex...

Globbi

Augur
I already read it when it wasn't in pdf format (which sucks, why people use pdfs just to convey some basic information)?
If you read it when it wasn't in PDF (6 months ago?) then you read a very old version (it's also readable on page now too, but the pdf version has pictures! :P) Anyway, you probably read it on page when there was the downloadable PDF already. And it doesn't suck to make an alternative PDF version...
PDF Faq sucks donkey balls. There isn't better way to get some interest in game than actuall interview, not some dev made questions for themselves. The whole thing about it is to ask that kind of questions that devs don't even thought of. This is especially possible at codex..
Loads of the questions were from polish AF forum and NMA, as I said there was also topic on codex but there was no interest. The questions devs asked themselves were just basic information.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
I just wrote an email to the afterfall team and asked for an interview with questions picked by the community. Going to open an official thread in RPG General Discussion where you can post your questions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom