Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post your mod ideas here!

For me, I really want to make great story content. Things that combine plots/themes that I love or ideas that are underexplored in art. My idea for the Republic storyline would be to ask if a great superpower can ever be great twice, and if it's possible to fight a powerful enemy without compromising the integrity of your own principled system.

I also think there could be a great shadow-version of the Free World and Syndicate characteristics combined. In times of interstellar War, the Syndicate will be bankrolling both sides. But to create a new order in the world, a powerful mercenary group can fill the power vacuum and actually hurt both sides, like the Army of Flanders that bounced between warring factions for the highest bidder, showed Europe how wars can really be won, and brought a king to his knees because of their exorbitant but necessary prices. If this was combined with the aspects of a secret mercenary team that constantly grabs power during paranoid suppression of other faction's developments in a vengeance-fueled obsession to "create a new galactic order", I think it would be a badass story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom