Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Power of Law GOLD

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: MISTLand; Power of Law: COPS: 2170

A press release at <a href=http://www.bluesnews.com>Blue's News</a> reports that Strategy First (they still exist?) and MiSTland have given COPS 2170: Power of Law the green light and have sent the game off to mass production.<blockquote>Montreal, Canada. December 9, 2004. Strategy First, Game Factory Interactive and MiST land - South are pleased to announce that the colorful hybrid of tactical strategy and RPG elements, Cops 2170: The Power of Law, has gone gold. Release is scheduled for the end of January, 2005.
<br>
<br>
“In COPS 2170: The Power of Law, players have the power to decide what type of Cop they want to be. They must choose their allies and enemies carefully in order to restore ‘control and harmony’ to a rapidly deteriorating metropolis,” says Jay Podilchuk, the Producer at Strategy First.
<br>
<br>
“One feature that players will appreciate is the option to play in either the first or third person view. With the ability to look at a scenario from a different angle, players can really broaden their perspective of a particular scene,” says Vitaly Shutov, President of MiST land - South.</blockquote>It looks like rumours of Strategy First's demise were greatly exaggerated. Look out for COPS 2170 sometime next month.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Awesome. I remember wanting to play this awhile back. Hope it's not a let down. First or Third person view games tend to scare me though. The Suffering did a really good job of merging the two as did the Chronicles Of Riddick game, so we'll see.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Otaku_Hanzo said:
I think that's Chapter 8? Anyone?

I believe you are refering to Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which is a liquidation of assests. Yes, Chapter 11 is a restructuring of debt and company assests, but the company stays in business with a schedule for paying off said debt.

Jed

Cipher
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Awesome. I remember wanting to play this awhile back. Hope it's not a let down. First or Third person view games tend to scare me though. The Suffering did a really good job of merging the two as did the Chronicles Of Riddick game, so we'll see.
I think this is maybe a mis-translation, as I recall the screenies showing solid isometric.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Jed said:
I think this is maybe a mis-translation, as I recall the screenies showing solid isometric.

Actually, I think you are right. I remember they had like three screenies from the game quite awhile back or something like that. Maybe the third person view is the isometric. :P

@Dojoteef: Thanks. Knew it was somewhere in the upper single digit area.

DarkSign

Erudite
Awww come on..Paradise cracked had all those great loading screens!!! Every single turn you took...another loading screen...the same pictures over and over loading screens...who could hate the

DAMN FUCKING LOADING SCREENS YOU SAW EVERY 5 SECONDS!!!!

oops sorry.

Deacdo

Liturgist
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Jed said:

Actually, I think you are right. I remember they had like three screenies from the game quite awhile back or something like that. Maybe the third person view is the isometric. :P
It is. The game is 3D, I think you can move the camera around.

Not too sure about this one. People on the Jagged Alliance forums had played it and weren't too impressed (if I'm thinking about the right game).

space captain

Liturgist
U. S. of Fuckin' A. ...and dont forget it or we'l
this engine sounds like a total peice of shit as far as tactical strategy games go... look at this:

Jonric: What did you try to achieve in creating the individual locations in the game? How many are there, and how do they differ from one another?

Vitaly Shutov: Game levels will be represented by parts of terrain, different buildings. Each level is unique by design. The surface, houses and different global objects like roads, monorails, etc. are created separately for each level. It won't be out of place to mention here that each level is single-floored in the technical sense; i.e. there are no places where one character can stand above another.

uhhh... wasnt X-Com able to do this LIKE 10 YEARS AGO???

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom