Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prodigy : turn-based tactical RPG using figurines

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Here goes the info from the kickstarter page :

Prodigy is a turn-based tactical RPG featuring high quality figurines for PC.
The player manipulates magical objects to fight epic multiplayer battles and follow a heroic solo campaign.
Prodigy's gameplay focuses on squad-based combat on a physical board for deep-thinking and fast paced 1v1 fights.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/121511007/prodigy-the-game

Cynic

Arcane
Why the fuck does something like this come to Kickstarter? They quite obviously have a huge financial backing already. It also looks fucking shit and OP is a faggot for posting this.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
What purpose do the figurines have, other than for driving up the game price and for physical copy protection?

Also, the technology for recognizing chess pieces on an electronic board has been around since 1992. See here and here.

That pitch video is like a Scientology propaganda video.
:bro:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
This looks like 90s style DRM disguised as a gimmick. I don't see any appeal to this.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Where's the RPG, though? I see CCG and miniature wargame (squad game, really) influences, and I see a confident rapist-who-gets-away-with-it (perhaps tastefully) spokesperson, but not a single RPG element.

jdinatale

Cipher
If I wanted to play magic the gathering, I would go down to the faggot shop and play it. GTFO

Severian Silk

Meh. More stuff to hide so when people come over they don't think I'm a loser.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom