Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Quake II enhanced re-release by Nightdive Studios

Ash

Arcane
Strife I guess it's the same situation - nobody really gave a shit to make it a better game over the years so it is nice Nightdive took the initiative.

What the fuck are you smoking? Strife through GZDoom or Vavoom is a significantly better experience than Strife: VE for a multitude of reasons. If you care more about "Authentic" Strife then Chocolate Strife will be a better experience.

And it was basically another case of them taking community effort (in this case, Chocolate Strife and Vavoom code) and """enhancing""" it by making it worse.

Fair. I always get bored of Strife pretty early, one of few 90s shooters that never really grabs me. In general I don't know enough about the original version nor the remaster and so shouldn't have spoke on that particular one.

Semiurge

Cipher
So there's all these single player campaign- related achievements that can be viewed from the main menu, but they don't unlock. I noticed that they're the same as in Steam with the exact same icons, but I'm playing the GOG version without Galaxy, offline. Nightmare skill, using regular saves. I don't give a rat's ass about them, but I'd like to know if they're glitched.
If you want Galaxy achievements, you need to play it with Galaxy.

Why would Quake 2 Enhanced have any launcher achievements in its main menu, most of all GOG achievements? All studios spit on GOG.

No, those are built in.
All GOG achievements are Galaxy achievements. It is the way it works. Built-in achievements have technically nothing to do with GOG/Steam achievements. If you play a DRM-free Steam game without the client, you don't get Steam achievements.

Look, there's a list of achievements in Quake 2 Enhanced's main menu, just like in Quake Enhanced. GOG's Quake 2 Enhanced is identical to Steam's. Those are Q2E's achievements, not of any launcher platform. Yet they don't unlock as they should, even when you play offline.

Zoo

Novice
So there's all these single player campaign- related achievements that can be viewed from the main menu, but they don't unlock. I noticed that they're the same as in Steam with the exact same icons, but I'm playing the GOG version without Galaxy, offline. Nightmare skill, using regular saves. I don't give a rat's ass about them, but I'd like to know if they're glitched.
If you want Galaxy achievements, you need to play it with Galaxy.

Why would Quake 2 Enhanced have any launcher achievements in its main menu, most of all GOG achievements? All studios spit on GOG.

No, those are built in.
All GOG achievements are Galaxy achievements. It is the way it works. Built-in achievements have technically nothing to do with GOG/Steam achievements. If you play a DRM-free Steam game without the client, you don't get Steam achievements.

Look, there's a list of achievements in Quake 2 Enhanced's main menu, just like in Quake Enhanced. GOG's Quake 2 Enhanced is identical to Steam's. Those are Q2E's achievements, not of any launcher platform. Yet they don't unlock as they should, even when you play offline.
I know, but you must play the game via Galaxy, if you want Galaxy achievements, too. It is not a glitch, it is the way how it is works.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom