Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quake Live - Anyone up for a game?

Dmitron

Arbiter
sah said:
Your location may be a problem, I've heard South African players complain about lags.

I'm stuck in filthy Europe at the moment so lag is not too much of a problem, for now

Calis

Pensionado
Nothing here.

Edit: Figures. It arrives in the 10 minutes between me last checking my mail and me making this post. Got the invite.

Edit2: Please note that I will most likely be using the handle "N00by McB00b" when in-game. When in Rome...

Dmitron

Arbiter
Yeah, runs well. Doesn't feel like some slapped on poor performing browser app. Completely seamless.

Too bad I suck at Q3.

denizsi

Arcane
I assure myself that I suck at it only because I have a life.

They should adapt RTCW or RTCW:ET in the same way.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yeah guys got like 200 frags by raping our trio in the butt.
Lags because of Quake Live's constant tips loading also don't help in browser mode.

Dmitron

Arbiter
:) I do a bit better in free for all, but against an experienced team who know the map by heart... :evil: :lol:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Well at least we have a life and didn't spend last three years practicing kills in Quake to get some frags on noobs!

( :( )

Dmitron

Arbiter
sometimes the skill matching actually works and you end up playing against "real people"

i still prefer Quakeworld though..but that's even faster ;)

denizsi

Arcane
I hope that they will, at the very least, implement some of the stuff from Q3 Arena. CTF in particular. I want objective game modes dammit!

Tintin

Arbiter
Dmitron said:
Too bad I suck at Q3.

So do I. But the skill matching feature seems to work since I managed to get some frags. Usually when I play Quake 3 I just spawn, die after 4 steps, re spawn, die after 4 steps, etc...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom