Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Really quick Gothic 2 question

NoisyKillerHPB

Scholar
Last time I tried to play through the game with NotR I got stuck because I talked to the wrong person at the wrong time, keeping me from progressing in the game. I just want to be sure exactly who to avoid talking to and when and etc. to....not...do that.

Special_Can

Scholar
Thank you for being so specific. You have to kill all of the wolves first. A message will pop up which will lead you to the solution. I got stumped on that one as well... :cool:

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
The ring is important. It must be equipped.

Oh, and I don't know what part you are referring to, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible to confuse the game like that. I've played it through at least 4 times and haven't run across anything like that.

dragonfk

Erudite
NoisyKillerHPB said:

Damn, you could as well find some info in any walkthrough on the net.

On a side note just stick to Vatras and do whatever he wants and you should have no problems at all. And yes, ring is important, jerk.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I'm absolutely positive that there are no sutch potential fuckups as of v2.7 of NOTR. I'm replaying it just now and it's smooth as silk (chapter 3 now).

Alex

Arcane
Come on guys, stop pulling his leg. Sure, he was not all that specific, but you really should stop being jackasses. So come on and tell him already how to avoid finding Caius Cosade too early. I would do so myself, but I don't remember all that well that part of the game.

On the off chance the OP is being serious, The only way to know at all times who you can talk to without breaking the game is to have an walkthrough and sticking close to it. If you had problems with someone specific, post who it was and when it happened.

Shannow

Waster of Time
As soon as you've equipped the ring you go left to the waterfall. there you kill the goblin. after bribing the guards you can enter the city. you'll find your friend in the valley behind the cave. don't trust he thieves, it's a set up. avoid shady characters in the beginning and do some honest farm work to enter the city. fight the ice dragon last since he's the strongest. the orc weapon is in the cave to the left. kill seekers before they talk to you.

I hope that gives you an impression of how easy it is to help you, if your not specific, you jerk.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Trying too hard this time lads, aye? No, really, the guy wants to know if there are any main quest tasks, that could be fucked up if not done in the right order. Not the friggin walkthrough. Get a grip.

I've heard that there were these kind of problems in the past, especially the first Gothic. But as far a i know, the patches fixed everything. I myself played through original G2 and Notr a fair number of times and nothing of this sort happened.
So there.

I won the thread.

Nedrah

Erudite
What he said.
There are no show stoppers in a patched up G2NOTR. Just play any way you like, the game won't let you do anything that would break the mainquest as far as I know.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I think there is a quest with one guy on a mountain with some bandits that can't be completed under certain circumstances.

I'm not pulling his leg :P , I really can't recall much more about it, only that it was near the mercenary camp, on a hill. But it's not game stopping , I think.

Shannow

Waster of Time
It can't be finished in vanilla G2 because vanilla wasn't really complete. The bandit quest can only be fully completed with NotR.

Murk

Arcane
Jesus christ, you even posted again in the thread and didn't clarify?

WWHAAAIIIII

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom