Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Realms of Antiquity has Rolled Out on Steam

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Quixotic Software; Realms of Antiquity

Realms of Antiquity has been released on Steam with the asking price of $20US. The retro RPG from Quixotic Software apparently is written to run on the TI-99/4A and comes with a wrapper for the PC using Classic99. Normally I wouldn't post something that's not specifically PC specific, but it's the first time I've seen something like this for such an old computer and for sale on a PC platform. Anyway, here's a trailer and some information:

Enter a massive sprawling world of wild forests, frozen plains, misty mountains, scorched deserts, and endless oceans. Explore cities, towns and villages to rest and recover as well as buy equipment. Talk to sages, warriors, peasants and sovereigns to aid you in your quest. Sail the open seas or pilot boats up rivers. Descend into dark dungeons, castle ruins, and mysterious places to find treasure, fight evil, and locate powerful relics.

Do you have what it takes to save the Realms of Antiquity?

That's really crazy. It looks a lot like the original Ultima games which were never available on the TI-99/4A. In fact, if I recall correctly, that computer only had 16k of RAM with the Extended BASIC Cartridge doubling as a memory expansion of a whopping 4k additional memory.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Damn, first Battle for Esturia, now this. If you keep digging up news like this,
I will have to cut down on my groceries or my rent. :lol:

Thanks for showing this old glittering gem of hatred that there
might still be incline to be found in these shallow hipster times.:salute:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
My first "computer" was a TI-99/4A.

You know, the funny thing is that I have lots of little retro hand helds, but none of them come with a TI emulator. I should really add one to the Retroid Pocket 2 and get some Parsec on.

nlfortier

Esturia Games
Developer
This looks great. Does anyone know if it runs on Linux through wine? If so, I'll probably buy it.

adamantyr

Arcane
Developer
Yes, it can run through WINE on Linux or Mac. To be honest, that's probably the best way to do it there; the only emulator that runs on Mac/Linux natively is MAME, which is a pain in the butt to set up properly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom