Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recomend me a video card

denizsi

Arcane
Darth Slaughter said:
The motherboard is intel dp35dp.

I have two Hard drives. is that insane?

Lol. I haven't had less than 3 since my first P3 machine. Right now there are 4. 5 actually but one is disabled from BIOS.

denizsi

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
Hah, good thing I'm sticking to 1680x1050 and don't foresee myself buying a bigger monitor (22 inch seems plenty). One less reason to upgrade.

Perhaps he shouldn't go for a shitty monitor then? My 24" 1900x1280 HP monitor has top of the line interpolation quality on practically any resolution you can think of (the biggest reason I picked it), without performance hit. When my system starts running behind on new games, I can play at any lower resolution without getting shitty extra-jittering (and has the added benefit of displaying bluray movies in all their glory, pixel for pixel).

circ

Arcane
denizsi said:
Lesifoere said:
Hah, good thing I'm sticking to 1680x1050 and don't foresee myself buying a bigger monitor (22 inch seems plenty). One less reason to upgrade.

Perhaps he shouldn't go for a shitty monitor then? My 24" 1900x1280 HP monitor has top of the line interpolation quality on practically any resolution you can think of (the biggest reason I picked it), without performance hit. When my system starts running behind on new games, I can play at any lower resolution without getting shitty extra-jittering (and has the added benefit of displaying bluray movies in all their glory, pixel for pixel).
Uh so? I can watch 1080p blurays in natural res with my cheap 23" HP screen too. And it looks fine.

Divinity: Original Sin
denizsi said:
Darth Slaughter said:
The motherboard is intel dp35dp.

I have two Hard drives. is that insane?

Lol. I haven't had less than 3 since my first P3 machine. Right now there are 4. 5 actually but one is disabled from BIOS.

In fact, my 2 HDs gave me a problem when installing the video card, since the card is a monster so big the HDs were making it impossible to fit. had to change their positions and since there was a jumble of cables and wires, I could not do that in an easy way.

denizsi

Arcane
circ said:
denizsi said:
Lesifoere said:

Uh so? I can watch 1080p blurays in natural res with my cheap 23" HP screen too. And it looks fine.

Well, :high-five: ? Bluray thing was just a mention in passing against lower resolutions.

Darth Slaughter said:
In fact, my 2 HDs gave me a problem when installing the video card, since the card is a monster so big the HDs were making it impossible to fit. had to change their positions and since there was a jumble of cables and wires, I could not do that in an easy way.

Oh that's understandable then, I guess. I've never had a really monster-big card up until my long and two-slot wide HD1950 so never had space problems. Then I went for the biggest affordable case I could find.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom