Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

redone cloud model for Final Fantasy VII

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
maybe old news but...

seeing that the lets play ff7 topic is a great hit, I though some of you guys might like this: a remodeled cloud for ff7.

APZCloudScreenshot1.jpg

for more info:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8035.100

seems like some people got the final fantasy characters from the kingdom hearts games to work in their ff7 game. however they don't spread them since many people are afraid the be seued by square enix..

anyways enjoy

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Interesting. I didn't know about these models. I know there's a "Reconstruction Mod" or something out there that makes most pcs and npcs look less lego blocky.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
yea, it's also mentioned on qhimm but it seems more or less dead though..

Sckarecrow92

Educated
Andyman Messiah said:
Interesting. I didn't know about these models. I know there's a "Reconstruction Mod" or something out there that makes most pcs and npcs look less lego blocky.
use it in the LP

Edit: The cloud one, at least, or something.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Sckarecrow92 said:
Andyman Messiah said:
use it in the LP

Edit: The cloud one, at least, or something.
No.

edit: these mods are for the pc version I THINK, and the only copy I've ever own was downloaded after I had own the PSX version for quite a few years. My experience with the pc version was that, yes, things look better but why would you want things to look better? :)

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The characters look blocky because you enabled 3D acceleration, which isn't supported by the real PSX. Software rendering will blur them but they'll appear less blocky.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Sckarecrow92 said:
Face it, my deram is a fucking joke.

You deramed a deram in dyas gone bye?

/ducks thrown bricks

It DOES look pretty nice. A little chibi, but pretty nice. For me, it is a solid reminder of why so many PSX games are so hard to go back to. I look back on the days when I was in my teens all like "WOOOOOOW THAT LOOKS SO REEEEAAAAL" and shake my head. Ten years from now I'll be doing the same thing.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I just replayed Chrono Cross the other day and I still find the use of colour amazing. The backgrounds do not sport as much details as those you can find in other games but they look vivid.

So, in short: graphic whore.

Sckarecrow92

Educated
Satori said:
Shouldn't be fucking ANY giant pussies really.
Yeah, I heard they bite your head off when it's over, and save your body as nourishment to feed their young, which hatch in about two to three weeks if buried in warm soil.

But I was also told it's totally worth it.

Edit: (by the giant vaginas, of course. Don't be silly.)

Well, one of the (many) faults of FF7 was always that despite trying to keep a serious tone, you see your characters in SD 90% of the time. So This is a Good Thing.

Putting Raziel in that faggotry hole though? Inconceivable.

Gragt said:
Oh no, not Raziel, not in this display of faggotry!

F048.png

You were saying WHAT about WHAT?

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Quality stylized art direction CAN stand the test of time. Okami, for example, will always be beautiful in my eyes. I seriously rate the look of that game higher than any current gen title. That fucker literally makes me wanna write poetry when I think about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom