Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Redout - Wipeout 2016

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

"Redout employs a very futuristic aesthetic & diverse world - 20 tracks are available for racing, taken place around 4 locations (Cairo, Alaska, Abruzzo, and Volcano) that must be unlocked in Career mode before free use."

From the reviews and gameplays the game seems to be really good.

Severian Silk

This game does remind me a lot of Wipeout. Graphics are kinda shit tho. Too much blinky lights and bloom.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Looks great, sleek and fast...but it reminded me first of Redline, then Wipeout.

Perkel

Arcane
That looks like Wipeout but it doesn't play like wipeout.

Reason why people played wipeout was gameplay. Precise controls are fucking amazing. Idea about Wipeout is that to turn ship you use air brakes so you get super precise controls and 0 drift like in video above. It is like futuristing formula1 when it still chased maximum performance and times.

this is why Wipeout is amazing. Reaching that kind of skill is achievement in itself and super rewarding experience and with every new perfect lap you feel like you are in trance.

Though i don't think K+M will be able to properly ever play like two gas pedals on PS3 pad (which were used for air brakes left and right)

I personally finished every single event at elite defficulty and imo this was one of the best things i achieved in gaming.

Supersonic means above 1000+km/h (which each zone level speed increases) and dudes ends it with 1800km/h

And here is some other dude getting 170 level zone which basically means dude has better reaction time than fighter players. Not only air brakes require super precise controls (i am talking here less than milimeter difference between crash and succesful turn at those speeds) but also reaction time. At that level you stop thinking and your body plays for you.

Last edited:
i tried this too, after that horrible formula fusion.
the game feels overall better in handling, controls and interface, but it still suffers from the same retarded formula "keep grinding the first race until you can buy upgrades and then win everything", there's no failure, you can keep losing until you are objectively superior and can't lose anymore. damn, in wip3out i got my ass handed to me regularly until *I* got better, and until i got better i couldn't advance through the game. that was why and how the game kept me hooked, something this mobile mentality aimed at the average retard doesn't allow anymore.

edit: oh, yes, i forgot: sooooooo muuuuuuuuch bloooooooom. i can't see shit on some track because of these coloured hazes everywhere. i don't care if it was for technical limitations, wip3out was perfectly clean, it was you and the track, nothing else other than some opponent here and there to fire a missile at.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
i tried this too, after that horrible formula fusion.
the game feels overall better in handling, controls and interface, but it still suffers from the same retarded formula "keep grinding the first race until you can buy upgrades and then win everything", there's no failure, you can keep losing until you are objectively superior and can't lose anymore. damn, in wip3out i got my ass handed to me regularly until *I* got better, and until i got better i couldn't advance through the game. that was why and how the game kept me hooked, something this mobile mentality aimed at the average retard doesn't allow anymore.

edit: oh, yes, i forgot: sooooooo muuuuuuuuch bloooooooom. i can't see shit on some track because of these coloured hazes everywhere. i don't care if it was for technical limitations, wip3out was perfectly clean, it was you and the track, nothing else other than some opponent here and there to fire a missile at.

What game are you talking about ?

Melcar

Arcane
I'm reading it sucks compared to the first, and the first one wasn't that great. I did not like the first one that much, so probably will skip this too.

Curratum

Just buy BallisticNG. Cheaper and much better, also 80 custom tracks that look better than the base game, one-click install on the steam workshop.

Modron

Arcane
Episode 1 racer, Extreme-G and Extreme-G: XG2 were the best racing games on the 64.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Yeah, BallisticNG is very hard to top, unless you are an F-Zero faggot.
Both are good and satisfy different needs. F-Zero is pure arcade where you compete against a tough AI, in Wipeout (the old trilogy) you compete against the physics, the track and yourself.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Yeah, the needs of a faggot.
You're just intimidated by big muscular men in spandex, chud.

CaptainFalconSpotlight.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom