Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Remnant series" or something like that

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
-watches ending play-

Goddamn, this game was so cringe it made me like the first game less retroactively.

Sorry, I bounced off this game hard. The writing is like 500% worse than the first game, getting the cool archetypes require bashing your head against RNG mechanics that make no sense, the bosses were lame, half the enemies were trash mobs. Melee got fucked, once again.

The level design was cool and the art was good. So at least there's that. Oh, and it's fun with friends, because basically anything is fun with friends.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
getting the cool archetypes require bashing your head against RNG mechanics that make no sense
Most archetypes can be found relatively easily. For secrets you can either use the Explorer or just use wiki.

Oh, and it's fun with friends, because basically anything is fun with friends.
I am playing solo and I have fun. Mainly because I try to figure out how to make different builds work when I find a weapon or mod that I find interesting. Mixed up events do a good job at keeping replayability relatively high too. I didn't expect worlds to have different bosses, so encountering The Red Throne instead of the Ravager quest on Yaesha was a pleasant surprise.

My major gripe is the world scaling, which makes upgrading weapons both necessary and a pain to try out, because you need to farm a lot of materials for upgrades. Having Explorer class helps slightly (it has higher scrap gain). It also helps that trying to get different items means you find chests filled with a whole bunch of scrap (plus any item you already have is turned into a pile of scrap).

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
getting the cool archetypes require bashing your head against RNG mechanics that make no sense
Most archetypes can be found relatively easily. For secrets you can either use the Explorer or just use wiki.
We were trying to unlock the alchemist archetype, which is unlocked by doing this stupid shit:

Which alright, doesn't sound so bad. But we were only able to proc it once, and since we didn't know it required doing the super unintuitive thing of having the rest of the party commit suicide to enter the secret area, we missed our chance.

Then we spent about 3 hours off and on trying to trigger it again without any success.

This is stupid game design.

Harthwain

Magister
This is stupid game design.
Yeah, some secrets in this game are bizzare and/or annoying. I don't regret consulting the wiki at all after I found out I missed out on two cool items from the Flooded Room because I wasn't aware this event was on a timer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom