Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ REPLACED - Cinematic action-platformer

deama

Prophet
Hmm, interesting, but very confused about the gameplay overall. Is it like a linear walking simulator with some parts having platforming and press X to do stuff?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Hmm, interesting, but very confused about the gameplay overall. Is it like a linear walking simulator with some parts having platforming and press X to do stuff?

from steam:
dev: Hey! It's a 2.5D Action Platformer with Free-Flow Combat. We'll tell you much more about what to expect in-game in the months ahead :)

I'm like 90% sure from things the devs have already said in various places it's going to be a fairly linear story-driven action platformer, I don't think people should expect any kind of major nonlinearity/exploration. So definitely not a Metroidvania, or a Soulslike or Rougelike for that matter.

Edit: They mention in this interview it's heavily inspired by classic cinematic platformers like Flashback and Another World, plus Batman Arkham style combat https://twinfinite.net/2021/07/replaced-interview-devs-talk-about-the-upcoming-cyberpunk-game-that-lit-up-e3/

The last quote about Batman Arkham style combat is bad but honestly, I don't really care about it as long as it doesn't get in the way.

The more important thing is the lack of word "adventure" from the game's description but maybe that aspect is already included in the "platformer" or "cinematic" parts.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
From a studio named “Sad Cat”.

I can already smell the leftism.
https://www.escapistmagazine.com/replaced-interview-sad-cat-studios-igor-gritsay-yura-zhdanovich/

Replaced Injects Arkham-Style Combat into a Beautiful Retro-Futuristic Platformer – Interview​

Replaced stunned audiences with its gritty, retro-futuristic visuals when it appeared during Xbox’s E3 2021 press conference last month. But in-between the hyper-stylized pixel graphics were glimpses at free-flow combat and cinematic platforming sections. Developer Sad Cat Studios is concocting something special in Minsk, Belarus, and we caught up with studio co-founder Igor Gritsay and founder and game director Yura Zhdanovich to discuss their work on Replaced, as well as its influences, combat, difficulty, and much more.

The Escapist: Tell me about yourselves and your work on Replaced. I’d love to hear about the studio and what makes the team the perfect group of developers to tackle a project like this.

Igor Gritsay: During our development time, there were many happy little accidents, as Bob Ross would say, but there were also many lucky ones when we found the right people and did the right things for the game when it needed to be done. I wouldn’t say that there is any formula for this. There is a big chunk of luck here. Regarding whether we’re perfect for the job, I really don’t know. We will see upon the release. But internally, I would say that right now we really represent the best of what we could be as a team.

Yura Zhdanovich: When we founded the studio — it was three of us in the beginning, working in a tiny room — it was an opportunity for us, as well as a passion for us, to make story-driven single-player games for the premium market because most of us have been previously in mobile development. It kind of was our idea to start doing something different because from where we are it’s mostly mobile development. We are people who want to do something more complicated, more risky, more advanced.

They are from Belarus. Maybe they are not woke but then Lukashenko is gay. I don't know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom