Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Returnal - PC Release Imminent

Ivan

Arcane
My body is ready for an incredible third-person shooter. I fucking adore Nex Machina. Very much looking forward going into this blind. Expecting fantastic visuals, responsive controls, a thumping soundtrack, a tough difficulty curve.
https://www.eurogamer.net/looks-like-ps5-exclusive-returnal-is-headed-to-pc

will edit once it's official
:bounce:

Coming Feb 15, 2023

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Why are people excited about it? You play as a geranto's dream.

toughasnails

z-z-z

wake me up when Bloodborne gets ported.
That was one Sony title absent from the last year's GeForce leak.
Going by that, if it ever happens it won't be in any foreseeable future. At least the Demon's Souls remake was listed in the leak so we are certainly getting that one on PC as a consolation prize.

SumDrunkGuy

Of all the PS excloosive games you PC nerds choose this thing to get hyped about. I wouldn't touch this if it went on sale for $5.

My body is ready for an incredible third-person shooter.

So play Control. Or Vanquish. Or anything but this.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Of all the PS excloosive games you PC nerds choose this thing to get hyped about. I wouldn't touch this if it went on sale for $5.
perfectly healthy alcoholic rotting man gives away Steam account, no computer, doesn't feel good and turns into an annoying consolefag

sad!

randir14

Augur
This is another game from the Geforce Now leak that has turned out to be true. Which means there's a good chance Ghost of Tsushima and Demons Souls remake are also coming. Remember the first trailer for Demons Souls said "coming to PS5 and PC" until Sony edited it and claimed it was a mistake.

Ezekiel

Arcane

My body is ready for an incredible third-person shooter.

So play Control. Or Vanquish. Or anything but this.
Control, that game with the transforming gun that STILL only allows switching between two types of weapons on the fly. No wide number row selection. Worst console compromise ever!

Berg DK

Novice
I was already sick of seeing action games with a forced female protagonist 20 years ago.
It feels like every single game that forces a player character on you has a female protagonist now.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
my body is ready!

game looks like a pretty boring and primitive action game ( like 99,99999% of action games) with very good gfx...
Nothing interesting to see here maybe except for a setting but i bet it will be underutilized as hell
and maybe story will be good, who knows?

AFAIK this is a 3rd person bullet-hell rouge-like or whatever. Not sure how good the story can be under such circumstances.

ADL

Prophet
Looking forward to this. Borrowed my friend's PS5 and played through this once but I never got to play Ascension which added a ton of new content plus cooperative multiplayer.

This, Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Forbidden West and Demon's Souls Remake are the only reason I'd want a PS5 and they are all coming to PC. Fake news my ass, the GeForce Now leak has been confirmed a million times over.

It's very good. Not as good as Nex Machina, but then again, nothing is. It's a definite cut above popamole roguelikes, at least when I played it (on release, pre-nerf).

Ezekiel

Arcane
Astro's Playroom and Returnal are the only PS5 games I'm even mildly interested in. With yet another exclusive coming to Windows I ask myself again why I would possibly ever buy another PlayStation. Had a PS2, two PS3s and have had a PS4 for four years, but that's probably it for me. I know all this was inevitable. You can't keep making games with such production values exclusively on consoles that continue to stagnate in sales. It isn't even just the chip shortage; console sales have been stagnating behind gamer growth and production values for years. I loved Demon's Souls, but the character design changes and musical changes in the remake disgusted me. Horizon is okay. Kinda middling. Will play the inevitable sequel port in a few years. Don't know what else the PS5 even has.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I ask myself again why I would possibly ever buy another PlayStation
uCEjI33.jpeg
Truly a mystery why the PS5 is being outsold by the Switch.

I simply cannot fathom why Sony is bleeding costumers.

Don't know what else the PS5 even has.
Nothing, and that's the issue. Sony has chased away the vast majority of Japanese developers with their shenanigans - nearly all their big-budget first-party games are being made by Western studios, while third-party developers would rather go multiplatform than bet Sony will stick the head out of the sand long enough to course-correct.

I disagree about the inevitability of consoles floundering, Nintendo's Switch is doing exceptionally well, but then again Nintendo remembers the old adage: "It's the games, stupid". This is all on Sony and their mismanagement and fixation on woke leftist pandering.

orcinator

Liturgist
It's very good. Not as good as Nex Machina, but then again, nothing is. It's a definite cut above popamole roguelikes, at least when I played it (on release, pre-nerf).
Fabulously optimistic due to what I heard about Nex Machina but cautious given the roguelike aspect.
If it has metaprogression I'm telling Putler to launch the nukes.

Devastator

Learned
z-z-z

wake me up when Bloodborne gets ported.

With removed framerate cap and fixed frame pacing issue, please. :cool: This probably goes without saying, but imagine if they ported the game at 1080p, locked to 30 FPS, and with frame-time varying from 16ms to 66+ms. :argh:

SumDrunkGuy

Aloy was never attractive to begin with but somehow that just wasn't enough. They had to go the extra mile and make her fat. In Horizon 3 she will have a cleft lip and lose her hair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Gamers-Are-Mad-At-Aloys-Cheeks-In-Horizon-Forbidden-West-Because-Of-Course-They-Are--768x404.jpg

Yeah, not good. Will play it in a couple of years when it's heavily discounted if the modders copy her face over from the first game. Otherwise, won't bother. Does the game have any pre-rendered cutscenes featuring her?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom