Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Riddick EFBB devteam reassambled for a 3rd game

Some Guy: Whatever happened with the game studio? Were there ever plans to even...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak5qwKjkuTg (fast forward to 2:00)

Vin: Funny you should say that. First of all, there is a great Riddick app -I don't know if anybody knows it, you might be the first person to know this- there is a great Riddick app coming out that you will be able to play on your iPad. But my die-hard gamers want Tigon to deliver the third chapter in the Riddick game. And we just over a couple months, just this year, reassembled that team from Starbreeze that brought Escape From Butcher Bay to create the third game.

So now let's just hope that what he calls "a great Riddick app for iPad", he does so only because he doesn't give much shit about mobile and doesn't have any bearing on how the third game may turn out, considering the iPad game looks rather shit:

However, considering it is the old team (at least in a capacity that apparently would matter to Vin Diesel), I guess there is reason for hope.

Not all of them but I doubt any of the guys working on the new Wolfenstein is involved. They founded MachineGames and they answer to ZeniMax/Bethesda now. You can't even contact them directly; contact link on their homepage redirects to Bethesda. Sad state of affairs for them, in my opinion. A few of the key founders of MachineGames had left before the acquisition, though.

Tigon Studios is Vin Diesel's own personal game development entity by the way and I guess he could hire anyone he wants who's available, including some of the original devs.

And damn, he looks old and tired.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
reassembled that team from Starbreeze that brought Escape From Butcher Bay to create the third game.

I thought those guys were making Wolfenstein.

Yeah, there's like three studios out there right now claiming the "makers of Butcher Bay" title. Sad truth is the team is likely so broken apart by now it doesn't matter anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom