Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rift Wizard - retro roguelike focused on strategy and spellcraft

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.dylanwhitegames.com/riftwizard/

The Ultimate Strategy Roguelike
Rift Wizard is a retro fantasy turn based roguelike focused on strategy and spellcraft.

Rift Wizard was inspired by classic roguelikes such as Nethack and Dungeon Crawl, combining high stakes turn based combat and resource management with a deep character system inspired by modern action RPGs like Guild Wars and DOTA.

Build your spellbook from over 100 possible spells, each with multiple upgrade paths:

Customize your character with over 50 passive abilities:

Chart your course through an infinitely varying multiverse of procedurally generated realms:

Test your wits against 100s of unique enemies:

Rift Wizard, though simple to pick up, is difficult, frustrating, and niche. I created it to challenge and inspire the hardest of hardcore rpg and roguelike fans. To give them a deep experience they can lose themselves inside of. To create a game which fully delivers on the promise and potential of rpg traditions.

Not everyone is able to enjoy Rift Wizard. But those who are able to enjoy it, enjoy it very, very deeply.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1271280/view/2510143001825115501

Early Access Begins!

Today marks the start of the Rift Wizard early access period.

Wow! That feels awesome to say. I've been thinking about this game for years and years, and spent about 6 months in near solitude on the far side of the world coding it up. It feels great to finally be able to share it broadly with the world.

Firstly: dear closed beta testers, thank you so much. Remember when Rift Wizard was a game about spending a finite pool of mana on monstly teleports and thunderstrikes while stacking minion wands? It sure has come a long way.

Secondly, A few words about the future of Rift Wizard.

Many things are going to be evolving over the coming months. There will be new spells, new monsters, many balance changes, even and a few complete system reworks.

I plan to release patches roughly monthly during the course of early access. Right now my plan is for the early access period to last from now until Febrauary 2021- which means about 7 patches.

Patches will of course keep flowing after the EA period ends- their pretty fun to make- but they will less frequent and severe.

My current, rough, and very much subject to change plans for the first 3 patches are:

Patch 1:
Ice Spells
Spawning 2.0/Monster Variants

Patch 2:
Upgrades 2.0
Char Sheet Beautification
Mac & Linux Builds

Patch 3:
Leaderboards (Friends only, because cheat detection is hard)
Extra Cross Skills
???

I'll say a bit more about what these things all mean later.

Again, these plans are subject to change. The ultimate goal is to continually preserve and enhance the strategic depth and awe of Rift Wizard until the game is so good that you can't even believe it.

In addition, each patch will have balance tweaks. If you'd like to participate in the balance discussions, head over to our discord here and drop us a line. Even just posting death and victory screendumps helps me alot when I'm thinking about balance.

Feel free to PM me in discord or twitter with feedback, or use this anonymous feedback form here.

Enjoy the game!
-Dylan

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I'll need to try this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom