Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

martyspider

Literate
Apologies if asked before, but for anyone playing this for the first time, would you recommend any of the DLC's?
Ideology is enjoyable to roleplay with but gameplay wise it's just kind of annoying juggling even more moodlets especially early.

Royalty is pretty half baked and not worth it on its own but the the system is improved with the rare good VE mod of it. With the downside of making it OP as fuck.

Biotech should have been base game tbh kidnapping every imp for slavery turning vamps into organ farms and molding child supersoldiers is pure Rimworld

Not giving Tynan more money for the 4th one I can tell adding it on top of the other 3 will just turn your run into a cluster fuck of clashing elements. Maybe on its own its fun

Cogemesiter

Novice
I’m gonna play Rimworld again but this time add in some mods that look decent (I currently have no DLCs), I’m gonna use one that turns inventory into a classic RPG one, a mod that improves performance, an improved HUD mod, and then one where you can create backstories for pawns. I’m going more for a relaxed playthrough.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Finally, after much deliberation..

With the Biotech expansion I bring you.. Supermutants!

I grew them from embryos using growth vats
i224cV2.jpeg

final result
g8oUcsb.jpeg

These are the genetics I went with.
Rv3Oj9h.jpeg

UPDATE

In autistic fashion, I'm fine tuning the genes further to make them as lore friendly as possible.

I'm replacing the "Super Immunity" gene with another gene called "Perfect Immunity". Since super mutants are actually supposed to be completely immune to human disease, because they are no longer humans.

The former gene only gives a multiplier to gaining immunity to said diseases, but they can still catch those diseases.

former gene
9aU6oPB.png

replacement gene
t32jJCq.png

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
The onslaught continues as Anomaly throws everything it has at my colony. This has been the best expansion for any game that I've played in recent memory. Biotech too. It is so fucking good.

My bio-engineered super mutants make great front line melee fighters. I've vat grown 6 of them now, including 2 Nightkins (they get revenant vertabraes installed at birth so they get the cloaking ability)

15fwc1B.png

If there's an incoming attack I wake them from their crypto caskets, throw some cheap steel armor on them and have them inject metalblood serum. They work well as a buffer between my colonists and attacking foes. Their one weakness is devourers, but I'm learning how to better deal with those bastards.

Last edited:

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Could someone help me out on trying to pin point a issue? Currently at the moment i can't right click and select a weapon for a pawn to equip without getting a error, already removed some of the possible conflicts but issue still persists.

Code:
Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[Ref 5C20B491]
 at Tacticowl.DualWieldExtensions.CanBeOffHand (Verse.Def def) [0x00001] in <28388b8f57de49e6953234b7bceb4685>:0
 at Tacticowl.DualWield.Patch_FloatMenuMakerMap_AddHumanlikeOrders.GetEquipOffHandOption (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.ThingWithComps equipment) [0x00078] in <28388b8f57de49e6953234b7bceb4685>:0
 at Tacticowl.DualWield.Patch_FloatMenuMakerMap_AddHumanlikeOrders.Postfix (UnityEngine.Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] opts) [0x001ba] in <28388b8f57de49e6953234b7bceb4685>:0
     - TRANSPILER PerformanceOptimizer.Main: IEnumerable`1 PerformanceOptimizer.Optimization_FasterGetCompReplacement:Transpiler(IEnumerable`1 instructions, MethodBase method)
 at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddHumanlikeOrders (UnityEngine.Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] opts) [0x07231] in <f0ac5eb9b52e4cc396c70fc9a4ee15e5>:0
     - TRANSPILER Luapo.ghoulWorkAble: IEnumerable`1 GhoulWorkAble.HarmonyPatches:AddHumanOrderFood_Transpiler(IEnumerable`1 instructions)
     - TRANSPILER PerformanceOptimizer.Main: IEnumerable`1 PerformanceOptimizer.Optimization_FasterGetCompReplacement:Transpiler(IEnumerable`1 instructions, MethodBase method)
     - PREFIX OskarPotocki.VFECore: Void VanillaWeaponsExpanded.FloatMenuMakerMap_AddHumanlikeOrders_Patch:Prefix(Pawn pawn)
     - PREFIX com.HemogenExtractor.rimworld.mod: Boolean HemogenExtractor.HemogenExtractorPatches:Prefix_AddHumanlikeOrders(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX GeologicalLandformsMod.Main: Void GeologicalLandforms.Patches.Patch_RimWorld_FloatMenuMakerMap:AddHumanlikeOrders(Vector3& clickPos, Pawn& pawn, List`1& opts)
     - POSTFIX Neronix17.TabulaRasa.RimWorld: Void TabulaRasa.Patch_FloatMenuMakerMap_AddHumanlikeOrders:PostFix(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX OskarPotocki.VFECore: Void VanillaWeaponsExpanded.FloatMenuMakerMap_AddHumanlikeOrders_Patch:Postfix()
     - POSTFIX OskarPotocki.VFECore: Void VFECore.Patch_FloatMenuMakerMap+AddHumanlikeOrders_Fix:Postfix(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1& opts)
     - POSTFIX KB_Chill_Out: Void KB_Chill_Out.FloatMenuMakerMap_Patches+FloatMenuMakerMap_AddHumanlikeOrders:Postfix(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX KB_Go_To_Sleep: Void KB_Go_To_Sleep.FloatMenuMakerMap_Patches+FloatMenuMakerMap_AddHumanlikeOrders:Postfix(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms: Void PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.Intercepts.FloatMenuMakerMap_AddHumanLikeOrders_Postfix:AddHumanlikeOrders(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX com.github.toywalrus.itemrequests: Void ItemRequests.FulfillRequestFloatMenuOption:ModifyTradeOption(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX OskarPotocki.HeavyWeapons: Void HeavyWeapons.Patch_FloatMenuMakerMap+AddHumanlikeOrders_Fix:Postfix(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1& opts)
     - POSTFIX NotoShabby.rimworld.mod.RPGInventoryRemake: Void AwesomeInventory.Common.HarmonyPatches.AddHumanlikeOrders_AwesomeInventory_Patch:Postfix(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX NotoShabby.rimworld.mod.RPGInventoryRemake: Void AwesomeInventory.HarmonyPatches.AddPickupOption:Postfix(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX OskarPotocki.VanillaPsycastsExpanded: Void VanillaPsycastsExpanded.Technomancer.Psyring:EquipConditions(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1& opts)
     - POSTFIX eagle0600.dressPatients: Void DressPatient.Order_DressPatientOrCorpse:DressPatientFloatMenuOption(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX com.alphamemes: Void AlphaMemes.AlphaMemes_FloatMenuMakerMap_AddHumanlikeOrders_Patch:AddDragRelicToAltar(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1& opts)
     - POSTFIX Haecriver.InjuredCarry: Void InjuredCarry.Patches+FloatMenuMakerCarryAdder:AddFloatMenuOption(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX temmie3754.retend.1: Void ReTend.Patches:Patch_FloatMenuMakerMap(Vector3& clickPos, Pawn& pawn, List`1& opts)
     - POSTFIX rimworld.rimquest: Void RimQuest.HarmonyPatches:AddHumanlikeOrders(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX ChickenPlucker.CapturedPersonsPatches: Void CapturedPersons.AddHumanlikeOrdersPatch:Postfix(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1& opts)
     - POSTFIX com.weaponstorage.rimworld.mod: Void WeaponStorage.Patch_FloatMenuMakerMap_AddHumanlikeOrders:Postfix(Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX s1.HealthyCryptocasket: Void CarryHealthyToCryptoCasket.HarmonyPatcher:FloatMenuMakerMapPostfix(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX Tacticowl: Void Tacticowl.DualWield.Patch_FloatMenuMakerMap_AddHumanlikeOrders:Postfix(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX legodude17.mvcf: Void MVCF.PatchSets.PatchSet_Brawlers:AddHumanlikeOrders_Postfix(List`1 opts, Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn)
     - POSTFIX Linkolas.Stabilize: Void Stabilize.Patches+FloatMenuMakerCarryAdder:AddHumanlikeOrdersPostfix(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
     - POSTFIX com.calltradeships.rimworld.mod: Void CallTradeShips.Patch_FloatMenuMakerMap_AddHumanlikeOrders:Postfix(Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, List`1 opts)
 at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor (UnityEngine.Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Boolean suppressAutoTakeableGoto) [0x000d1] in <f0ac5eb9b52e4cc396c70fc9a4ee15e5>:0
     - POSTFIX OskarPotocki.VFECore: Void VFE.Mechanoids.HarmonyPatches.FloatMenuMakerMap_ChoicesAtFor_Patch:Postfix(List`1& __result, Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn, Boolean suppressAutoTakeableGoto)
     - POSTFIX net.pardeike.rimworld.mods.achtung: Void AchtungMod.FloatMenuMakerMap_ChoicesAtFor_Postfix:Postfix(List`1 __result, Vector3 clickPos, Pawn pawn)
 at AchtungMod.MultiActions.AddColonist (AchtungMod.Colonist colonist) [0x0001f] in <c48846fe21134b1d9cad8f1931a7d35c>:0
 at AchtungMod.Tools.Do[T] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] sequence, System.Action`1[T] action) [0x00014] in <c48846fe21134b1d9cad8f1931a7d35c>:0
 at <0x2280772d320 + 0x002ca> <unknown method>
 at AchtungMod.Controller.MouseDown (UnityEngine.Vector3 pos, System.Int32 button, System.Boolean longPress) [0x00090] in <c48846fe21134b1d9cad8f1931a7d35c>:0
 at AchtungMod.Controller.HandleEvents () [0x000cf] in <c48846fe21134b1d9cad8f1931a7d35c>:0
 at AchtungMod.Selector_HandleMapClicks_Patch.Prefix () [0x00005] in <c48846fe21134b1d9cad8f1931a7d35c>:0
 at RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks () [0x0000e] in <f0ac5eb9b52e4cc396c70fc9a4ee15e5>:0
     - PREFIX net.pardeike.rimworld.mods.achtung: Boolean AchtungMod.Selector_HandleMapClicks_Patch:Prefix()
 at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () [0x00000] in <f0ac5eb9b52e4cc396c70fc9a4ee15e5>:0
 at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () [0x0000f] in <f0ac5eb9b52e4cc396c70fc9a4ee15e5>:0
 at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x000e6] in <f0ac5eb9b52e4cc396c70fc9a4ee15e5>:0
     - POSTFIX Krkr.RocketMan: Void RocketMan.KeyBinder:OnGUI()
 at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00046] in <f0ac5eb9b52e4cc396c70fc9a4ee15e5>:0
     - TRANSPILER net.pardeike.rimworld.lib.harmony: IEnumerable`1 VisualExceptions.ExceptionsAndActivatorHandler:Transpiler(IEnumerable`1 instructions, MethodBase original)
     - POSTFIX UnlimitedHugs.HugsLib: Void HugsLib.Patches.Root_OnGUI_Patch:OnGUIHookUnfiltered()
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) MonoMod.Utils.DynamicMethodDefinition:Verse.Log.Error_Patch4 (string)
(wrapper dynamic-method) MonoMod.Utils.DynamicMethodDefinition:Verse.Root.OnGUI_Patch1 (Verse.Root)

Output log
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...32255fca439b7e829044517436f5ea/output_log.txt

EDIT: After further fiddling, it's working to a extend. More testing need it. Game still crashing when i try to visit a event place.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom