Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Road to the River Project

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Those who are inclined to pave giant roads, here's a project for you:

rh7kmq.jpg

Pave the Road to Clay River and the Road to Mex 11 tiles wide (with 3 in the middle for a nature strip) like the main roads through town. We'll be lining the Road to Clay River with banners.

1. So we can dump a Crossroads at the end by the water and have quick water access.

2. Not that little paved bit in the cliffs on the grasslands just north of the road (right where it hooks East to the river)? That is actually a second entrance to our Iron Mine. We need the village claim to cover it. We'll be brick walling it and using village auth to revoke the personal claim that is currently there.

Blxz

Educated
Ahh, i wondered what that little walled off cave was in the grassland. I am more than keen to start going up north. Was actually thinking about doing a smaller on just for personal usage. Next time I get some free time I'm on onto it Capt'n.

Calren

Novice
I'll put my roadcrew on the north as well. Going to need most of the village online and working to get that done in any length of time.

Right now I'm hauling a barrel of water and a chest of food with me in a cart when we do stuff, but if we get enough people going I'll bring a 2nd barrel and we can get this done. Also, what do you think of using milestones to speed up the journey? when we need clay we're going to be taking carts and getting tons of it anyway, so why not make it a quick speedy march?

Calren

Novice
Pottery Barn Avenue, aka Clay Road, has one lane open (barring this crash rolling back anything making me a sad panda.) If you wanna go look at the area and give me a feel for what you want to do in relation with Mex's clay road, that'd be helpful. When I can get in, I'll start on the median with Ass while I mess with my plot on Cal.

Calren

Novice
Barry, how tied are you to the 2 nature strips? seems it's going to slow down autopathing with the milestones since I keep weaving in and out around them.

RayvenQ

Novice
I think having the mileposts on the media isn't gonna work. what I think we should do is on the left road (or right, whichever you fancy) we put them either side of the 4 wide road so that they zigzag and head north, and on the right side of the road, have them doing the same but leading south.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Calren said:
If you wanna go look at the area and give me a feel for what you want to do in relation with Mex's clay road, that'd be helpful. When I can get in, I'll start on the median with Ass while I mess with my plot on Cal.
I think we'll put that on hold until the wall is complete. I think that needs to be our priority. That means making a lot of Wrought and building the Bricks into the wall.

RayvenQ said:
I think having the mileposts on the media isn't gonna work. what I think we should do is on the left road (or right, whichever you fancy) we put them either side of the 4 wide road so that they zigzag and head north, and on the right side of the road, have them doing the same but leading south.
Agreed. On the median strip isn't going to work and this is the better idea. Though we only need a Milestone on one side as you can follow it both ways (assuming we connect it properly).

RayvenQ

Novice
Yeah connecting it is easy and runs both ways , though we may have tio build them on the road itself, because otherwise, since your character is drawn to where the milestone is, it results in ending up on the grass and while with walking this isn't a proble, with carts it is (as well as the fatc that carts clip it do everytime you reach a marker you have to go back, pull your cart around and carry on.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Yeah, jorb needs to fix that cart shit.

By the way Calren, if the wall building crew need a job to do and they can't mine Wrought or there are no walls to build because we're waiting on more Wrought, get them to finish off the roads around town.

Particularly the main road South through the grasslands. As we'll need to have that to know where the cornerposts are going in there.

Calren

Novice
Aight, I'll go haul a plow down there and go do it myself. ezmode lp is always nice. How far out you want it? Enough just to know where it'll be?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Enough South so that it hits the wall that's there at the moment. When the plots inside Nowa are filled, we'll look at doing this:

codexia_expansion.png

That's a fair way off yet though as we've still got 4 plots inside Nowa to fill yet.

Nice placement on the gates down there by the way.

Blxz

Educated
Ok, have my alt working on the south road. She needs the LP and the active time to get her change to full.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom