Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rolling Blackouts

Jason

chasing a bee
Dear Valued Customers,

We regret to inform you that some users may experience temporary service interruptions due to fluctuations in resource availability and unstable market conditions. As users approach a certain number of Posts Per Day (PPD), there will be a likelihood of individual posts not displaying for all other users. As the number of PPD rises, the percentage of this likelihood rises as well. At a certain PPD, none of the user's posts will display and he/she/it will be Howling Into The Void (HITV), as it is technically known in the Industry. To increase the chances of individual posts displaying and avoid HITV altogether, it is recommended that affected users decrease their PPD in a timely manner. Please note that the vast majority of users will never experience these temporary service interruptions and only our Special Needs Users (SNU) should be concerned.

We appreciate your understanding in these trying times and wish you and yours a Warm Holiday Season.

Regards,
RPG Codex

Murk

Arcane
Jaime Lannister said:
it's true, clockwork knight's posts randomly disappear on me

Andhaira's has too, but it might just be the admin formerly known as baby arm making a joke off an unrelated but coincidentally timed database glitch.

Alts would only work if the user in question makes multiple alts per day. If Clockwork Knight made an alt now and posted even half as much with said alt, his posts per day would jump to double digits immediately and he'd suffer the same thing. I don't think he has the patience (oh god I can feel the can of worms opening) to make a new alt every bloody hour tho...

racofer

Thread Incliner
incline-RAPIDLY-INCLINING.jpg

Mikayel said:
Alts would only work if the user in question makes multiple alts per day. If Clockwork Knight made an alt now and posted even half as much with said alt, his posts per day would jump to double digits immediately and he'd suffer the same thing. I don't think he has the patience (oh god I can feel the can of worms opening) to make a new alt every bloody hour tho...

What? No, fuck this. I just post as much as I do because there's always a computer nearby (work and home) and the codex tab is open.

Once I wanted to make an alt...but realized halfway through that it would be pointless, since I don't even care about this one's reputation.

racofer

Thread Incliner
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I can still see andhaira posts, plz decrease PPD threshold for SNU's to more reliable enable HITV, kthx

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom