Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Roqua vs the Codex: Is select-all-and-attack enough to kill anything in the IE games? DISCUSS!

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Roqua reminds me of the infamous modder MPrilla who made SuperScripts that were so good that you just had to click and watch. Hmm....

Coma White

Educated
Roqua reminds me of the infamous modder MPrilla who made SuperScripts that were so good that you just had to click and watch. Hmm....

Maybe he's an experimental artist. Like this is some kind of deconstructionist performance. In any case, it's incredible. Please don't stop.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
attention surplus disorder

east kabeesh

I just destroyed.

I'm no expert on the IE games, and I've never played the IWD expansion

doing things slows you down

I do not research the systems, especially systems I do not like.

I love Tim Cain but he loves to put some shit that annoys me in his games, like time limits or time sensitivity.

For Dragon Age 2 I use the one called like something like "lots of extra talents."

Edit: wow, I had a lot of errors and confusion in this.

All can take a hit and give it back real nice and good.

this strategy isn't for games with good combat that are sped up by using AoE spells and buffs. this strategy only works on monkey games with shit combat for idiots and people that like to pretend wasting time stealthing and setting up

a lowly retard like me

AD&D isn't a complex system

If you have fun in retardoworld being all retarded

I like games that cause my stupid retard brain to be forced to think

Is going peepee like a big boy difficult?

I think driving is boring and sucks

I am not retarded enough to think that ramping up the suck makes two negatives make a positive

If ninjas tried to stab you randomly while your are peeing standing up, peeing standing up would be far more difficult than it currently is without the ninja stabs.

I could spray my shit with fabreeze but it is still shit.

retard combat

I bought and played IWD when it came out and never played it again until a while ago when someone on RPGWatch called me out on it

IWD 2 had way better combat than any other IE game

PST (which I forced myself to play sicne I wanted to find out how it plays out, which I still do not know).

And saying IWD 2 is easier than IWD is like saying Blackguards 1 was easier than Blackguards 2. One was good the other was for monkey idiots.

no actual points

Laugh it up, chuckles. Because you fucking idiots aren't enough smart enough to know how to insult someone.

I know little kids like you guys like your short replies and picture replies

almost everyone who believes that the IE games had good and challenging and engaging combat also prefers to play pc games with a controller

You are retarded because you type like a fucking six year old hipster wannabe

God, I wish I was at a bar with you so I could push your stool in for you real nice and good.

Fucking millennials. I fucking despise you pussy ass weakling monkey retards. God, your parents failed you so much by not beating some common sense and comprehension into you.

fucking retard millennial

BG 2 and IWD combat is the fucking same and plays the same

And I am really getting sick and tired of low comprehension retards not understanding what is or is not possible when it comes to something they have never tried.

There is no mage or dragon fight I got into in BG2 that I ever once used a dispel spell or breach or anything to win because it is not necessary.

what I can't do which I know I can do because I have done it

people of at least my level of retardation or above

I played at least 75% of BG2 (and at least 60% of BG 1).

linear games are easier for me to finish

I have to go back to work and earn a living so I can be taxed to death to support you SSD champions so you have plenty of time to play easy games and think you are super smart wasting all your time setting up for trash fights

do you know the book from Hillary Clinton, "It Takes a Village?" Well, just think of that, but change village into "someone less retarded than me."

Your extremely low comprehension is the pity of anyone with the correct chromosomes for their gender

HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIBND??????

all your JCD millennial fuck heads

you and JCD minions

getting into internet arguments

We already established I'm retarded.

People of my level of retardness level and above can comprehend and answer questions.

celerity type of retard

spout endless gibberish

name me all the major mage fights in the first 33% of the game

If you do not reply with at least 5 or 6 major mage fights I can't win without an arcane caster and by using my click and watch super strategy I win this argument by default.

This is going to be the ultimate symbolic win of my kicking the teeth of all you Bryce/JCD pussies through the back of your misshaped retard mongoloid skulls.

my giant blackish cock

You should be committed. You are literally human decline.

:edgy::codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Roqua

Prospernaut

Since you and the other millennial seem to have a lot of time on your hands (especially the other millennial judging from her last post) why don't you monkeys do something constructive like make a list of all these super tough combats in the first 33% of BG2 with SCS?

Hegel

Arcane
chateau Irenicus: the dark dwarves can summon a fiend (in scs) and preprot. SCS only allows 2 rest, after that it starts spawning (on insane)

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i'm not reading this shit thread, roqua how did you beat kangaxx in bg2 by "just clicking on him"?

pippin

i'm not reading this shit thread, roqua how did you beat kangaxx in bg2 by "just clicking on him"?

I'm not Roqua but I did just that :M
Well I clicked on him a number of times, but only after I cliked on some protection from undead scrolls. But yeah it was mostly clicking, although nobody died.
Kangaxx's fight is p. shitty though, mostly due to the scenario you fight him in. Should have been an open space like the dragons instead of that small and closed space.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

I'm not Roqua but I did just that :M
Well I clicked on him a number of times, but only after I cliked on some protection from undead scrolls. But yeah it was mostly clicking, although nobody died.
Kangaxx's fight is p. shitty though, mostly due to the scenario you fight him in. Should have been an open space like the dragons instead of that small and closed space.

obv does not count, casting protection from undead takes too much time

almondblight

Arcane
Just clicking might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I barely thought about most of the fights in BGII. Even with the more difficult ones, I only used very simple strategies (like summons to absorb Kangaxx's kill spells). Can anyone give an example of some complex or interesting strategies they used in a BGII fight? "Mage casted spell X, so I casted counterspell Y" doesn't count.

Coma White

Educated
Just clicking might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I barely thought about most of the fights in BGII. Even with the more difficult ones, I only used very simple strategies (like summons to absorb Kangaxx's kill spells). Can anyone give an example of some complex or interesting strategies they used in a BGII fight? "Mage casted spell X, so I casted counterspell Y" doesn't count.

Takes too much time.

Roqua

Prospernaut

Why are you saying the name with no further information or context like I like to remember specific fights of games with shitty combat that are chock full'o combat? I will answer your question if you can tell me the name of three extras with bit parts in an action movie you saw that had the worst action and fight scenes you've ever seen.

Dude he played "at least 75 percent" of BGII. Guy knows his shit.

Hey dude bruh I like should probably play games I find to have broken and boring combat and shit mechanics, AI, and pathfinding like eighteen times in a row and put 1000s of hours into it before I realize it has shit combat that sucks and is boring.

Well, obviously since you didn't find the combat super challenging and requiring tons of thought and strategy you are basically saying you are severely retarded and the issue lies with you, and not the shitty, easy, click and watch combat.

Replying with any sort of logical or competent answer is not something the super brainiacs at the codex need to do. Codex monkeys just need to reply with a short zinger that is only funny if you are as retarded as them.

Takes too much time.

Of course, unlike arguing nonsense for how many pages now? Another graduate of codex monkey U, spouting shit because you're a fucking invalid and think you are cool because you like the same megahits as every other retard alive.

The retard probably watched a recording of BG2 and thought he was playing it while clicking and drooling away.

ZING!!!! OMG LOL THAT WAS LIKE SO FUNNY AND SPOT ON DUDE BRUH!!!!! SURFS UP DUDE!!!!!

Let me sum up the next bunch of replies-

he's retarded. He can think Clicker Heroes is easy but lets see him play it while an alligator tries and eat his mouse while he's clicking!!!! I bet he wouldn't think it is easy then!!!!

This retard MAX Bioware, Fallout 4 is good, I love lamp. The pound sign has always been hashtag. I like to turn corporation's names into verbs. I YouTube, and facebook, and google, and tweeter, and haven't committed suicide yet but should.

He make no sense. How he do good when I no do good? He retard lie. Ding fries are done.

He said something and I will reply with meaningless words and laugh!!!!! I just string sounds together and hit reply. It doesn't have to make any sense, my monkey friends will laugh too just like when I say booger or fart!

When are one of you retards going to tell me the fights that I can't win with ease with SCS in the first 33% of the game? I take it from Monkey Retard's reply to the other retard that the fight he names is late in the game, or am I assuming this person is functioning enough to have a reasonable implication in their reply when they are even too retarded to do that?

hell bovine

Arcane
I'm sure a brilliant mind such as yours never makes a mistake. But I would assume mental powerhouse such as you would be able to infer what I was saying simply by the rest of the implications and context of the whole paragraph.

Now, are you going to list the fights in BG2 or are you going to be another Bryce/JCD type of retard and just spout endless gibberish? In fact, name me all the major mage fights in the first 33% of the game so I can get going on this and prove how fucking stupid you monkeys are.

If you do not reply with at least 5 or 6 major mage fights I can't win without an arcane caster and by using my click and watch super strategy I win this argument by default. If you are going to be a bigger retard and claim there is not 5 or 6 good combat then fuck you. Just how long are you supposed to play shitty combat to get to something good? If a game doesn't have 5 or 6 good battles in the first 33% of the game I can't steamroll over with click and watch then the game is shit.

This is going to be the ultimate symbolic win of my kicking the teeth of all you Bryce/JCD pussies through the back of your misshaped retard mongoloid skulls.

And then raping all your orifices for hours and hours until your tear ducks dry up and you can only softly whimper as my giant blackish cock sternly punches your tonsils over and over to the rhythmic thwapping of my balls hitting your soft, millennial overly feminine chins.

Thank you so much for this challenge and finally giving me the opportunity to actually do something. Please do not be a bitch and back out because you're fucking retarded and just spout monkey bleatings.
A mistake is not the same as the verbal diarrhea you keep producing. As for mage fights in BG2 - you'd have to first install scs with the following options:
- hlas for spellcasters,
- smarter mages Option 1.
which I don't know if it's even possible on the ee, as ee is currently not compatible with scs (and lots of other mods).
But if you're looking for easily accessible mage battles - just go lich hunting, Athkatla is overpopulated by them. You can find the lich locations in any BG2 walkthrough, and Kangaxx is probably the highest level mage you can fight in scs. All of the liches can be found straight out of Jonny's dungeon. For a mixed group including both a lich and a mage, there is the twisted rune in the bridge district, but you have to have a rogue stone in your inventory to enter. You can also cast wizard spells in the streets until the last - named - group of cowled wizards shows up (the first few waves are all low level).

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
The IE games and IWD in particular are great games because they allow themselves to be played in different ways. Retards can play them in the retarded way (max stats, reload for HP, reload on party wipe, select all and click). Everyone else uses tactics and spells.

You like story mode don't you? Yes, and playing a game to enjoy the activity you spend 90% of the game doing is retarded. Sure. And just to clarify since you fucking retards cannot comprehend simple things so I will spell out what I was talking about - combat is the activity you spend 90% of your time doing.

:lol:

None of the things I mentioned are mandatory, no I don't enjoy story mode, I enjoy sensible (i.e. not maxed) characters and thoughtful combat. If you OTOH use all the rope the game gives you to hang yourself with it's gonna be one sad experience. Just as sad as you are. The player's personality is reflected in the gameplay here.

hell bovine

Arcane
chateau Irenicus: the dark dwarves can summon a fiend (in scs) and preprot. SCS only allows 2 rest, after that it starts spawning (on insane)
Nope, that's (the quite infamous) improved Illyich from the Tactics mod. And the dwarf doesn't summon a fiend, he summons a fallen deva. SCS just replaces goblins with duergars.

Roqua

Prospernaut
I'm sure a brilliant mind such as yours never makes a mistake. But I would assume mental powerhouse such as you would be able to infer what I was saying simply by the rest of the implications and context of the whole paragraph.

Now, are you going to list the fights in BG2 or are you going to be another Bryce/JCD type of retard and just spout endless gibberish? In fact, name me all the major mage fights in the first 33% of the game so I can get going on this and prove how fucking stupid you monkeys are.

If you do not reply with at least 5 or 6 major mage fights I can't win without an arcane caster and by using my click and watch super strategy I win this argument by default. If you are going to be a bigger retard and claim there is not 5 or 6 good combat then fuck you. Just how long are you supposed to play shitty combat to get to something good? If a game doesn't have 5 or 6 good battles in the first 33% of the game I can't steamroll over with click and watch then the game is shit.

And then raping all your orifices for hours and hours until your tear ducks dry up and you can only softly whimper as my giant blackish cock sternly punches your tonsils over and over to the rhythmic thwapping of my balls hitting your soft, millennial overly feminine chins.

Thank you so much for this challenge and finally giving me the opportunity to actually do something. Please do not be a bitch and back out because you're fucking retarded and just spout monkey bleatings.
A mistake is not the same as the verbal diarrhea you keep producing. As for mage fights in BG2 - you'd have to first install scs with the following options:
- hlas for spellcasters,
- smarter mages Option 1.
which I don't know if it's even possible on the ee, as ee is currently not compatible with scs (and lots of other mods).
But if you're looking for easily accessible mage battles - just go lich hunting, Athkatla is overpopulated by them. You can find the lich locations in any BG2 walkthrough, and Kangaxx is probably the highest level mage you can fight in scs. All of the liches can be found straight out of Jonny's dungeon. For a mixed group including both a lich and a mage, there is the twisted rune in the bridge district, but you have to have a rogue stone in your inventory to enter. You can also cast wizard spells in the streets until the last - named - group of cowled wizards shows up (the first few waves are all low level).

Verbal diarrhea like what you just bleated? SCS does work on the EE according to the glitter website or whatever it is called. I already installed it and selected smarter mages option 1, and the last option for the HLAs (which said they do not recommend it due to the difficulty). Is this the correct option? Also, I do not have an arcane caster in my group as an exclamation mark to you retarded fuckers. Neither do I have anyone capable of casting dispel. I have one caster, a Shaman, since they can use bows and can only cast spells they select at level up and that I can easily show by opening the spell window.

I already blew through escaping the dungeon with zero effort other than inventory management and not having any way to cast identify. Yet against all odds I did what would probably be impossible for you fucking monkeys.

And please give me a list of named people to fight. Your spouting earlier was all about named people and I don't want any wiggle room. And no, I will not check a walkthrough so one of you monkeys tell me I had an unfair advantage. I will play the first 33% of the game and when I get to one of your named people I will record it. According to Nvidia I just have to record through their software.

The IE games and IWD in particular are great games because they allow themselves to be played in different ways. Retards can play them in the retarded way (max stats, reload for HP, reload on party wipe, select all and click). Everyone else uses tactics and spells.

You like story mode don't you? Yes, and playing a game to enjoy the activity you spend 90% of the game doing is retarded. Sure. And just to clarify since you fucking retards cannot comprehend simple things so I will spell out what I was talking about - combat is the activity you spend 90% of your time doing.

:lol:

None of the things I mentioned are mandatory, no I don't enjoy story mode, I enjoy sensible (i.e. not maxed) characters and thoughtful combat. If you OTOH use all the rope the game gives you to hang yourself with it's gonna be one sad experience. Just as sad as you are. The player's personality is reflected in the gameplay here.

You do not like thoughtful combat if you like the IE game's combat. You like story mode. I will soon have a video showing that even with your fancy smancy SCS the game is about as difficult as scratching your balls.
M.A.X. Mechanized Assault & Exploration.

That doesn't explain anything. Is it a game? Is it some sort of Pokeman Go thing? Or larping? A new unit added to the 101st to supplement their air assaulting?

hell bovine

Arcane
Verbal diarrhea like what you just bleated? SCS does work on the EE according to the glitter website or whatever it is called. I already installed it and selected smarter mages option 1, and the last option for the HLAs (which said they do not recommend it due to the difficulty). Is this the correct option? Also, I do not have an arcane caster in my group as an exclamation mark to you retarded fuckers. Neither do I have anyone capable of casting dispel. I have one caster, a Shaman, since they can use bows and can only cast spells they select at level up and that I can easily show by opening the spell window.

I already blew through escaping the dungeon with zero effort other than inventory management and not having any way to cast identify. Yet against all odds I did what would probably be impossible for you fucking monkeys.

And please give me a list of named people to fight. Your spouting earlier was all about named people and I don't want any wiggle room. And no, I will not check a walkthrough so one of you monkeys tell me I had an unfair advantage. I will play the first 33% of the game and when I get to one of your named people I will record it. According to Nvidia I just have to record through their software.
Your memory has failed you again; this is what I wrote about scs mages:
"SCS higher level mages run stoneskin & prot. from magic weapons, with spell immunity: abjuration, which means a) magic weapons don't work b) dispel doesn't work. Unless you use magic to strip them from their defenses, you can hit them in melee, but it won't do squat."
nothing about "named people". But seeing as your memory problems also don't let you consult a walkthrough:
- Shangalar and Layene - found in the bridge district if you have a rogue stone,
- Kangaxx - found in the docks once you have all the golden bones (wiki lists them here: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Restore_Kangaxx's_Body );
- Zallanora and Kholynnus Paac, found if you trigger enough cowled wizard encounters by casting wizard spells in the streets. (just ctrl + Q Nalia or Jan Jansen into your party for that, should do the trick)

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You can't even click & win on vanilla PoE.
On Normal you can go quite far with just autoattack. I know I could go through a big part of the game on Hard with just autoattack if I had 6 characters in the party.

This was grand. :lol:

Roqua please make that video playthrough. Just start a BGII game, and reach the Slaver's compount in the Slums district. Or the "Guarded Compound" in the Temple district. I guess you'll be playing on Core Rules with SCS?

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
attention surplus disorder

east kabeesh

I just destroyed.

I'm no expert on the IE games, and I've never played the IWD expansion

doing things slows you down

I do not research the systems, especially systems I do not like.

I love Tim Cain but he loves to put some shit that annoys me in his games, like time limits or time sensitivity.

For Dragon Age 2 I use the one called like something like "lots of extra talents."

Edit: wow, I had a lot of errors and confusion in this.

All can take a hit and give it back real nice and good.

this strategy isn't for games with good combat that are sped up by using AoE spells and buffs. this strategy only works on monkey games with shit combat for idiots and people that like to pretend wasting time stealthing and setting up

a lowly retard like me

AD&D isn't a complex system

If you have fun in retardoworld being all retarded

I like games that cause my stupid retard brain to be forced to think

Is going peepee like a big boy difficult?

I think driving is boring and sucks

I am not retarded enough to think that ramping up the suck makes two negatives make a positive

If ninjas tried to stab you randomly while your are peeing standing up, peeing standing up would be far more difficult than it currently is without the ninja stabs.

I could spray my shit with fabreeze but it is still shit.

retard combat

I bought and played IWD when it came out and never played it again until a while ago when someone on RPGWatch called me out on it

IWD 2 had way better combat than any other IE game

PST (which I forced myself to play sicne I wanted to find out how it plays out, which I still do not know).

And saying IWD 2 is easier than IWD is like saying Blackguards 1 was easier than Blackguards 2. One was good the other was for monkey idiots.

no actual points

Laugh it up, chuckles. Because you fucking idiots aren't enough smart enough to know how to insult someone.

I know little kids like you guys like your short replies and picture replies

almost everyone who believes that the IE games had good and challenging and engaging combat also prefers to play pc games with a controller

You are retarded because you type like a fucking six year old hipster wannabe

God, I wish I was at a bar with you so I could push your stool in for you real nice and good.

Fucking millennials. I fucking despise you pussy ass weakling monkey retards. God, your parents failed you so much by not beating some common sense and comprehension into you.

fucking retard millennial

BG 2 and IWD combat is the fucking same and plays the same

And I am really getting sick and tired of low comprehension retards not understanding what is or is not possible when it comes to something they have never tried.

There is no mage or dragon fight I got into in BG2 that I ever once used a dispel spell or breach or anything to win because it is not necessary.

what I can't do which I know I can do because I have done it

people of at least my level of retardation or above

I played at least 75% of BG2 (and at least 60% of BG 1).

linear games are easier for me to finish

I have to go back to work and earn a living so I can be taxed to death to support you SSD champions so you have plenty of time to play easy games and think you are super smart wasting all your time setting up for trash fights

do you know the book from Hillary Clinton, "It Takes a Village?" Well, just think of that, but change village into "someone less retarded than me."

Your extremely low comprehension is the pity of anyone with the correct chromosomes for their gender

HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIBND??????

all your JCD millennial fuck heads

you and JCD minions

getting into internet arguments

We already established I'm retarded.

People of my level of retardness level and above can comprehend and answer questions.

celerity type of retard

spout endless gibberish

name me all the major mage fights in the first 33% of the game

If you do not reply with at least 5 or 6 major mage fights I can't win without an arcane caster and by using my click and watch super strategy I win this argument by default.

my giant blackish cock

You should be committed. You are literally human decline.

He has some legit points though :M

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Why are you saying the name with no further information or context like I like to remember specific fights of games with shitty combat that are chock full'o combat? I will answer your question if you can tell me the name of three extras with bit parts in an action movie you saw that had the worst action and fight scenes you've ever seen.

I remember it, even though I haven't played the game in years. The kangaxx fight is memorable and unique (which is why I remember it), anybody with the skill to beat BG2 by just clicking attack with melee characters is bound to have run into it. Even if you don't remember the name it's not hard to google it to refresh your memory. Of course, googling doesn't do any good if you've barely (if at all) played the game and are just making shit up, because you're a cool guy who has to brag about how big his dick is on the Internet like all the cool guys do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom