Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview RPG Codex Interview: Blackguards 2

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
During the beta, you received some criticism from our users because the game lacked proper documentation and textual feedback on what was happening "under the hood". Eventually, you included Felipepepe's fan-made guide as part of the game, but are you going to improve on that aspect in the sequel? Would you consider adding something like Temple of Elemental Evil's combat feedback, or a contextual "Player's Handbook" like the one in Knights of the Chalice?

We hope with the changes to the character sheets and leveling systems we won't need as much explanation text as in the first part. Also the first three levels of the game will be tutorial levels but in a different way than in BG1.

He said "explanation text". I interpret that as referring to felipe's wall of text. Why would they remove feedback? It's brief and to the point, and has nothing to do with leveling up which is what he said they were going to streamline.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
He clearly said that they don't intend to address the reference shortcoming and made no mention at all regarding feedback improvements. To me, that says No to addressing a lack of in or out of game reference material, and a clear indication that combat feedback text is far enough from top of mind that he had nothing at all to report when asked a direct question about it. I hope I am wrong.

Severian Silk

I enjoyed the first game. I think they got the difficulty about right. I am looking forward to Blackguards 2.

:thumbsup:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
There is no good "nemesis" in BG2. Marwan just makes me fill pity for him.

Lasca ftw!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom