Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Retrospective Review: Gorasul: The Legacy of the Dragon

Beans00

Augur
I convinced him the music in the gorasul intro was a dialect of ancient german from the dark ages.

Actually it's Old French from the early middle ages :hmmm:

The game uses music from the band Corvus Corax, which plays moderny renditions of period music.

I was completely trolling him anyways but that makes it even funnier.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yes, it's a little known fact, but Tolkien was Polish.
And here we have a fragment of the original manuscript for "Hobit, abo tam i nazŏd"

Hobit małowiela niy wyskoczōł ze skōry, jak syczynie doszło do jego uszōw, i narŏz ôboczōł blade ôczy wytrzyszczać sie na niego.

– Ftoś ty je? – pedzioł a wyciōng sztylet przed siebie.

– Co ôn je, mōj sacss? – szepnōł Golum (co dycki prawiōł do siebie, bo nigdy niy mioł żŏdnego, co by dō niego mōg mōwić). To bez to sam prziszoł, bo naprŏwdã w tyj chwili niy mioł głodu, bŏł ino ciekŏw. We inkszym przipŏdku nojprzōd by chycioł, a dopiyro potym szeptoł.

– Jŏch je pōn Bilbo Bojtelŏk. Straciōł żech cwergi i czarownika i niy wiym, kaj żech je. I niy chcã tego wiedzieć, jak ino stōnd pōdã.

– Co ôn mŏ we rōnckach? – spytoł Golum, kej patrzoł na miecz, co mu sie blank niy podoboł.

– Miecz, ôrynż ze Gōndolinu!

– Sssss – prawiōł Golum i zrobiōł sie moc uprzyjmy. – Mozno siednie sam i poôzprawiŏ kōnsecek, mōj sacss. Rŏd mŏ zŏgŏdki, pra?

Black

Arcane
I barely remember playing it a long time ago in Potato, which fucked the game. Game has some puzzles/riddles you have to answer manually by typing the answer. But the game didn't accept prestigous Potato special letters such as ą so you had to play on the easiest difficulty setting which made riddles simple point and click answers.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I barely remember playing it a long time ago in Potato, which fucked the game. Game has some puzzles/riddles you have to answer manually by typing the answer. But the game didn't accept prestigous Potato special letters such as ą so you had to play on the easiest difficulty setting which made riddles simple point and click answers.
supposedly in english it was even worse, hence passage in review stating that story difficulty is for germans.

Middle ground is good too as it still offers a number of answers. Mind you that I didnt fail a single one and Im not a puzzle guy. Sadly if you are into it, the only way is to pay dariusz for dojcze lessons

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
i was in a bar recently and there was a guy who sat next to me and asked me about gorasul.
true story

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'd also love to read the review of the timeless classic Metalheart: Replicant's Rampage

218920-metalheart-replicants-rampage-base_16x9.jpg.1152

metalheart-replicants-rampage_2.jpg

qiB1snqfPOY7ZJumWiGnEcWZC1dMcN.jpg

ME0000615623_2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom