Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview RPG Vault says - bring out the commie in you!

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Baphomet said:
IGN? Paying attention to an indie game? How did this come to be?

To be fair, it is IGN's "RPG Vault", which isn't the main site. I think it was an indie RPG site that IGN just bought out or something and now exists within the IGN membrane.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
Lord Chambers said:
It looks like Final Fantasy 5.

Huh?

I think the graphics are alright in AoD. Especially the little touches like the holes drilled in the wall and light seeping through in that one shot.

Fryjar

Augur
I'm really impressed. You game looks much more polished now and not only do the quests sound fantastic but the graphics are, dare I say it, really immersive either.

Just one tiny note: In the preview you mentioned text adventure elements.
But pictures still haven't found there way into the game, or am I wrong? I assume you were just refering to the dialogue screen or ingame "time shifts" like in Fallout.

But there is one element left, that still bothers me, and this is the gui.
It look quite fitting in the world screen, due to the new shaders that differentiate the graphics more clearly from it, than 2-3 months ago.
Yet, in the dialogue screen they look bulky and still very bland. But since the game is supposed to be played mostly in these ones, you should really add some details to it.
Some posters, me included, gave you some suggestions. Even if you don't change the background, which I recommend you to do (add some cracks...the background of your website would still be my favourite selection), you should at least consider to add some art.
First and foremost, the borders could be decorated with some interesting elements.
I would opt for crumbling pillars, which could enhance the atmosphere even further.

Still, I recommend you to tweak this screen a bit.It might have a greater impact on the style than you might think ,right now.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Lord Chambers joke is going so far above my head it's not even funny.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
It's a trap to draw out all the jRPG players on this website! Don't fall for it!

Hazelnut

Erudite
Fryjar said:
I'm really impressed. You game looks much more polished now and not only do the quests sound fantastic but the graphics are, dare I say it, really immersive either.

Just one tiny note: In the preview you mentioned text adventure elements.
But pictures still haven't found there way into the game, or am I wrong? I assume you were just refering to the dialogue screen or ingame "time shifts" like in Fallout.

But there is one element left, that still bothers me, and this is the gui.
It look quite fitting in the world screen, due to the new shaders that differentiate the graphics more clearly from it, than 2-3 months ago.
Yet, in the dialogue screen they look bulky and still very bland. But since the game is supposed to be played mostly in these ones, you should really add some details to it.
Some posters, me included, gave you some suggestions. Even if you don't change the background, which I recommend you to do (add some cracks...the background of your website would still be my favourite selection), you should at least consider to add some art.
First and foremost, the borders could be decorated with some interesting elements.
I would opt for crumbling pillars, which could enhance the atmosphere even further.

Still, I recommend you to tweak this screen a bit.It might have a greater impact on the style than you might think ,right now.

Jeez didn't we go though all this and it was decided that it looked better plainer, or is my memory fucked? Anyway, my vote is to keep stuff like that plain (I hated the cracks anyway) and let IT finish the game.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I agree with the plain interface, especially the dialogue window. It's there to display text for us to read. It's main purpose to provide a background on which the text is easily readable.
Would you ask for a background image on the pages of a book?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom