Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview RPGCodex Interviews Inon Zur

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Icewind Dale 2; Inon Zur

Today, we've a very tasty treat for those of you who loved and enjoyed the great music that you listened to in Icewind Dale 2, and BG2: Throne of Bhaal. If you haven't guessed it, we here at the RPGCodex (i.e. <b>yours truly</b>) managed to score a wonderful <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=9" target="blank">interview</a> with the man behind the music, <b>Inon Zur</b>. Here's a little snippet to whet your appetite:
<br>
<blockquote>How much freedom and flexibility does a typical (role-playing) game allow you to have in your musical compositions?
<br>
<br>
In fact, I have been given a lot of freedom for several games I have worked on. For example, in Fallout Tactics I came up with a whole new musical concept that was quite different from the previous game. I incorporated the electronic synthetic sound design with what I called "organic" sound design. It was created by musicians using their instruments and voices in a totally different way than is the norm. The outcome was very unique. There are other times however when I need to stay closer to the style dictated by a former game. In these situations I'm trying my best to compose without actually copying, and that is quite a difficult task.</blockquote>Read the rest <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=9" target="blank">here</a>. Comply, or massive carcasses of stuffed toys will rain upon you from the sky above.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom