Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGS are all about customising your character's looks!

• Thread starter Deleted member 7219
  • Start date

Deleted member 7219

According to this Gamespot idiot:

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/Donkeljohn ... ;subject;3

I mean, seriously, it seems wherever I look on that website there is always some braindead fool spouting time-wasting rubbish. This guy has a few more brain cells than the average Gamespot user but really what he's written is just as annoying as reading 'PS3 SUCKS 360 RULZ'.

According to this guy Need for Speed and Forza can be called 'CaRPGs' because you can customise your vehicle!

Random Gamespot douche said:
"CaRPGs"....that's incredible, I never would have thought of that.
Giggle.

Edit: After pondering this for a short while, it makes perfect sense. The RPG genre has been completely undressed over the past years -- some here may joke that "Halo is the greatest RPG ever", and that Fifa 20xx is an RPG because you can customise your team (and/or players, fuck knows -- I've played Fifa once, in 1996), but I'm afraid "progress" is about to catch up.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Open your eyes and see the light people: all games are RPGs... because you can customize your display, audio and controller options from the preferences menu! :cool:

On a serious note, it's not surprising. Take a look at his game collection. Most of his games are for consoles and the only somewhat significant RPG he played was NWN... and we all know how significant that one is...

Cassidy

Arcane
fastpunk said:
Open your eyes and see the light people: all games are RPGs... because you can customize your display, audio and controller options from the preferences menu! :cool:

There are customized condoms too.

barzam

Novice
The idiocy is reaching new levels with the term CaRPG.. Why can't you Gamespot kids just get it? Black is not white. Racing games are not RPGs.

Globbi

Augur
From comments:
Just having a female Shepard character with female voice acting has me enough times excited about Mass Effect :D.
And it's amazing that everyone there agrees with the article.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
In addition, the guy responsible for having written this bullshit clearly overuses the term 'next generation'. This is what aggressive marketing does to people - they lose the ability to think critically.

The idiocy is reaching new levels with the term CaRPG.. Why can't you Gamespot kids just get it? Black is not white. Racing games are not RPGs.

Welcome to the console world.

stargelman

Scholar
Face it, RPG territory is being invaded, nay overrun by SIM players. I know lots of people who actually like Oblivion because they can dress up their characters and get them accessoires and stuff. It works like this:

1. make game and pretend it's an RPG
2. lots of customization options for the PC look
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

Xi

Arcane
stargelman said:
Face it, RPG territory is being invaded, nay overrun by SIM players. I know lots of people who actually like Oblivion because they can dress up their characters and get them accessoires and stuff. It works like this:

1. make game and pretend it's an RPG
2. lots of customization options for the PC look
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

The next-generation is even more profitable. It goes something like this:

1. Pretend to make RP game.
2. Market lies.
3. Avoid criticism with Marketing Spin.
4. Liquidate assets.
5. File Bankruptcy.
6. Goto 1.

The shades of gray are almost unbearable for this genre!

Texas Red

Whiner
Gamespot is filled with these retards who only play console anime games. No reason to take notice of yet another dumbass.

Seriously, I hate it when somebody from Europe goes on dressing in traditional Japanese clothes and spouts their philosophy almost as much as the American Gamespot kids who put Zelda pictures in their sigs and Dragon Ball Z stuff in their avatar. It makes me sick and I feel ashamed for having such idiots to belong to my race.

Gamespot should be eliminated. A community based on pure idiocy will warp logic and tear a hole in the natural laws.

Deleted member 7219

Actually I just looked for an RPG union, hoping to find Fallout, Arcanum or Bloodlines fans on there.

I found quite a few RPG unions.

Of course, they were all devoted to Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts and other Japanese games...

Durwyn

Prophet
Dumbfucks.... Everybody knows that RPGs are riding on horse and killing things...
Seriously... Freedom of speech should be only for those who have something wise to say...

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Are we forgetting the most customisable RPG to date, Fable? I know people have their issues with it, but with my review of it coming up tomorrow, I hope to deliver the truth that Fable is possibly the most socially interactive and customisable RPG to date.

Heaven....give...me...strength....

Durwyn

Prophet
Naked Ninja said:
Are we forgetting the most customisable RPG to date, Fable? I know people have their issues with it, but with my review of it coming up tomorrow, I hope to deliver the truth that Fable is possibly the most socially interactive and customisable RPG to date.

Heaven....give...me...strength....
Heaven has nothing to do with this .....abomination.

cardtrick

Arbiter
elander_ said:
Japanese shouldn't be allowed to make rpgs. Just saying.

Fuck you! EARTHB0UND 4-EVA!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom