Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Rumor] Bioware to get Warhammer 40k licence

Shadenuat

Arcane
maybe we'll be able to be, ride and or romance those

m2610155a_99120102037_CSMHeldrake01_873x627.jpg

I want to be a helldrake!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I thought Sega owned both W40K and Warhammer Fantasy now :x

No more exclusivity, they say.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-03-14-slitherine-lands-warhammer-40k-license

GI.biz said:
A Games Workshop representative contacted GamesIndustry International to provide a comment on the company's new less exclusive approach to licensing.

"The days of monolithic Warhammer or Warhammer 40,000 licenses on all platforms are behind us," the representative said. "In the future, games based on our properties will be platform and subject specic, which is great news as it means there are far more opportunities than before."

Gozma

Arcane
I really don't understand why people care about Warhammer.

Toy fascism

which does kinda clash with Kotaku social justice camouflage hiding gory capitalism, a theme of Bioware's.

But hey Games Workshop charges like 10000x the price of the plastic in their minis that grown men develop shocking skill painting so they can play mediocre board games with them. Irony was always a subtext of Warhammer

buff nids

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why is there a Decline tag? This sounds like fun - W40k fluff has been steadily shit lately (with some exceptions merely being bearable filler) and a partnership with Bioware is the logical next step after Necrons and Blood Angels bonding over slain enemies and Wolf of the Wolf Wolf. It'll be glorious.

circ

Arcane
I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO SEX UP A SISTER OF BATTLE AS AN IMPERIAL. OH FUCK YEAH BIOWARE. AND MY OTHER GROPUMATE WILL BE THE SILENT HUEG ARCHETYPE SPACE MARINE. CAN SEX TOO?

Lord Andre

Arcane
Of all the type of games that could be made with the warhammer license, an action shooter is chosen. Main character - space marine. Generic shit is generic. Heaven forbid they actually try and implement the real fucking game.

circ

Arcane
I can see the plot already.

Hey everyman wake the fuck up! We're being attacked by CHAOS! PEW PEW PEW!

CHAOS is up to something. You have been chosen to become one of the chosen few - a SPACE MARINE. Here is your power armor and bolter.

To a Space Marine the Boltgun is far more than a weapon,
it is an instrument of Mankind's divinity, the bringer of
death to his foes, whose howling blasts is a prayer to the gods of battle.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Of all the type of games that could be made with the warhammer license, an action shooter is chosen. Main character - space marine. Generic shit is generic. Heaven forbid they actually try and implement the real fucking game.
Huh,i would have expected them to pull a dragon age again.We were promised different stories for every race but what did they only managed give different starting stories where you all became grey warden in the end.
We should have been able to start as an eldar,orc,tyranid(!?:)) and became space marine after an hour or so.:decline:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Space Marine: Space Marines, we must defeat the heretics! Remember, only in death our duty ends. Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life!
Posible answers:
1. [Romance] For the Emperor!
2. For the Emperor!
3. [Lie] For the Emperor!
Dat's alright, the game will be awsum, haterz gonna hate, luv it already.:codexisfor:
If it's true, Jaesun and JarlFrank are the best designers for this game.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Huh,i would have expected them to pull a dragon age again.We were promised different stories for every race but what did they only managed give different starting stories where you all became grey warden in the end.
We should have been able to start as an eldar,orc,tyranid(!?:)) and become space marine after an hour or so.:decline:

Or maybe implement the tabletop wargame ? The one that all the fucking franchise is actually based on ?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Or maybe implement the tabletop wargame ? The one that all the fucking franchise is actually based on ?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom